• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA 200 lines April

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Screw that. We need to be able to replace these 50s with 70s and 90s. Speak for yourself.

Those jobs belong at mainline. You sound like a senior Eagle guy hoping to get A320s.

Right with you Nevets...

Last edited:
Screw that. We need to be able to replace these 50s with 70s and 90s. Speak for yourself.

I hate to say this, but it seems as if a lot of people really do not understand the reason for the merger. It is not a merger in reality, it is a replacement. Delta is slowing killing 50 seaters. CRJ side is already feeling it. ERJ side however is getting more flying...why? United is not getting rid of 50's. So the writing for 50's in the Delta world is on the wall, yet on the UAL side is TBD. It seems as ALPA at UNICAL has drawn a line. So see the forest. SKYW INC sees a massive reduction in 50's coming on the Delta side. XJT (prior to purchase), has a ton of SECURED 50 seat flying. In order to protect shareholders and INC, as Delta parks 50's, INC can absorb the loss by replacing the revenue with a 50 under UAL. My theory, and my theory alone, is that XJT was picked up for cheap by INC to replace the revenue that will be lost by the parking of 50 seat CRJ's on the ASA Delta side. Look at how it is playing out right now. ERJ more flying, hiring, upgrading, bringing back planes. Yet, at the same company just a different plane, CRJ side is losing planes, losing flying, and unstable on staffing. I know you did not furlough, but I do know my friend did get downgraded recently on the CRJ side. Unless there is a plan to replace the CRJ 200 on the Delta side I am unaware of, I would not be thrilled about what Delta is slowing doing.

However, this could go the other way is UNICAL ALPA caves on scope. So again, it would be merger to replace.

Last edited:
You all realize there is no replacement for 50-seat jets, right? Right? Again, UA scopes to 50 seats, and this entire airline is GONE. Do you think we're going to get a 400+ fleet of Q400's? ATR's?

As for the April lines, I'm in top 10% and cannot construct a line from good 4-day trips. 4 on, 3 off? Nope.

No stable roster, financial instability, uncertain future, I think time to go back to school is NOW. For you guys who have families and have few options....

I feel for ya--

Latest resources

Back