ASA 200/25? Nice!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bonuses!

I wonder if these guys are getting a signing bonus these days? I know-low time, etc, etc., but wouldn't you poop your pants if someone had offered you a job at 200/25 flying a damn jet?
I am just thinking that if these guys are getting signing bonuses as well (as I have heard rumors of,) that is incredible! They may be unsafe monkeys, but damn, they are lucky to have the shot with pretty much no experience-and to have a bonus on top of that! WOW! Many of us had to pay for our training, and some didn't even get the job after shelling out all the bucks.

-Fortunes change fast.....

It actually looks like these guys are required to have 200/25 to interview for the CFI job. Then, they get the interview with ASA...they have to flight instruct for probably 6-12 months before they can leave for ASA. They will get nearly 1,000 tt in that period. What is wrong with that? Sounds more qualified than a 500 "bridge" student.

Welcome to ASA where every CA is a AZZHOLE when you have less than 500 hrs including myself.
Just learn to talk on the radios professionally and lose the white sunglasses.

I wonder if these guys are getting a signing bonus these days? I know-low time, etc, etc., but wouldn't you poop your pants if someone had offered you a job at 200/25 flying a damn jet?
I am just thinking that if these guys are getting signing bonuses as well (as I have heard rumors of,) that is incredible! They may be unsafe monkeys, but damn, they are lucky to have the shot with pretty much no experience-and to have a bonus on top of that! WOW! Many of us had to pay for our training, and some didn't even get the job after shelling out all the bucks.

-Fortunes change fast.....

I still don't grasp the whole idea of flight time with most people on this board.......Truth be told there's probably some 22 year-old kid in Iraq with the same amount of flightime flying F-16's or F-22's and nobody on this board is having an ass wiping hissy-fit over that....Military Pilots leave UPT with barely 300 Hrs if that....My point is it's all about ability not flightime....Do you seriously mean to tell me a year or two of extra chandelles and lazy eights, (or my personal favorite Slow Flight) will make someone that much better for line flying a CRJ...GET REAL!!!

Oh and the European students leave the US with a wet Comm-Muti and head back to their Country and Fly an Airbus....Once again ABILITY not FLIGHTIME is what is significant!!!!!!

Those low-time military folks you talk of have been hand selected by boards and put through training leagues above anything ol' aviation atlanta could conjure up.

Secondly, the European system maintains exclusivity by implementing a rigorous theoretical knowledge standard which weeds out dummies and those only interested in wearing a uniform and pressing flashing switchlights. Here in the US, anyone with a pulse can get through the FAA process. Anyone. The other systems you mention are not in the same league as ours. That is a fact.

Those low-time military folks you talk of have been hand selected by boards and put through training leagues above anything ol' aviation atlanta could conjure up.

Secondly, the European system maintains exclusivity by implementing a rigorous theoretical knowledge standard which weeds out dummies and those only interested in wearing a uniform and pressing flashing switchlights. Here in the US, anyone with a pulse can get through the FAA process. Anyone. The other systems you mention are not in the same league as ours. That is a fact.

Same type of board their dad or uncle chairs. Same type of board you'll go through at DAL if your dad or uncle is/was a DAL pilot.

That explains why so many Europeans are flying here. Or is it that the Fee based European system is so damned expensive that the free based US system draws them.

It actually looks like these guys are required to have 200/25 to interview for the CFI job. Then, they get the interview with ASA...they have to flight instruct for probably 6-12 months before they can leave for ASA. They will get nearly 1,000 tt in that period. What is wrong with that? Sounds more qualified than a 500 "bridge" student.

They can come to Pinnacle when they get to 250TT.

I still don't grasp the whole idea of flight time with most people on this board.......Truth be told there's probably some 22 year-old kid in Iraq with the same amount of flightime flying F-16's or F-22's and nobody on this board is having an ass wiping hissy-fit over that....Military Pilots leave UPT with barely 300 Hrs if that....My point is it's all about ability not flightime....Do you seriously mean to tell me a year or two of extra chandelles and lazy eights, (or my personal favorite Slow Flight) will make someone that much better for line flying a CRJ...GET REAL!!!

Oh and the European students leave the US with a wet Comm-Muti and head back to their Country and Fly an Airbus....Once again ABILITY not FLIGHTIME is what is significant!!!!!!

There is a difference between a fighter pilot that has gone through an extensive selection, testing, and training process and some chump that took out a $100,000 loan to get an "airline job". The fighter pilot would not have made it to 300 hours without being able to talk on the radios, land on centerline, or accomplish basic airmanship.

Could you even pass the European medical? It is several days long. When you go back to the Airbus, you are a switch bitch. Do you think you get to fly right away? Could you pass the series of written tests to get the frozen ATP-L?

It is not the chandelle or the lazy 8 that makes you a better pilot. It is the process of the decision making and experience gained getting to that point. At 300 hours, how many go/no go decisions have you made? How much weather have you seen? Have you had anyone scare you in an airplane? Have you made any wrong decisions that you were able to learn from and apply to a similar situation at a later time?

If you don't want to do slow flight, then go fly boxes at night for a few months. Some single pilot 135 will do you good.

Latest resources

Back