• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AS New Uniform

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, We thinks a lot of ourselves, don't we? I can see you now, in your "I love me" room. Big E6b watch on. Diplomas on the wall, framed pictures in front of all the airplanes you have flown, models of same airplanes, engraved pilots license from sporty's . Framed kudos letter from airline. Old hats from all past airlines.......

Um....minus the e6b watch, you described my man room...man! Ok I don't have the sporty's plaque (backorder)

Look at your name on here. Does that describe what you look like? How about a part of you? That is gross. Don't tell anyone about that...... That is something I would NOT brag about....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Wow, for a guy that fancies himself as FI's Lewis Black, you either have no sense of humor or no knowledge of advance navigation displays. Allow me to educate. Pilots use the term "green banana" when referencing the Altitude Range Arc on FMC based navigation display. It is the predicted point you will reach your MCP altitude based on present vertical speed.

I know it is a little advanced aviation humor, but you will catch on!
dibujodk7.th.jpg

Wow, for a guy that fancies himself as FI's Lewis Black, you either have no sense of humor or no knowledge of advance navigation displays. Allow me to educate. Pilots use the term "green banana" when referencing the Altitude Range Arc on FMC based navigation display. It is the predicted point you will reach your MCP altitude based on present vertical speed.

I know it is a little advanced aviation humor, but you will catch on!
dibujodk7.th.jpg

I don't think we call it the "green banana", but if you think everything revolves around you guys, then great. I have never heard of that term, even when I was flying the 737-800 myself. I think we called it the "green arc." What do you call the "trend vector" on the PFD? The "tiny wang?" Keep coming up with cute names, you have a nack for it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

GB, I think herein lies the problem.

Wow, that was funny. That will all change when your airline is merged with a larger one. Get used to "Green Arc" from now on....

Bye Bye---General Lee

GL, a few thousand posts ago, you might have been funny or informative, or something, but now . . . you just want to spread strife.

Sad.

We call it the "noodle", as in "put your noodle on the purple line".

My favorite was a story of a female F/O who once said to her Captain, "Bring it down, bring it up, make it big, make it purple and give it to me!" Such sweet poetry.

This thread has officially drifted! Back to the original topic, are we or are we not getting new uniforms, before I buy new pants for the one we have now?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back