• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

As/aai sli

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As an Alaska furloughee...if this happened and I had to move to ATL....I'd just up an quit. I could have gotten hired at the Tranny 4 years before Alaska, but living in the south, and those wages...no thanks.

As an Alaska furloughee...if this happened and I had to move to ATL....I'd just up an quit. I could have gotten hired at the Tranny 4 years before Alaska, but living in the south, and those wages...no thanks.

Don't worry, as a furloughee you would be stapled to the bottom of the list and it would be years before you were recalled if not ever because we would fight for 1 year reinstatement rights for Alaska furloughees. :rolleyes:

That is exactly what we do now. I do not need to have a sub commanders jacket for that.

You just might, and have to be my FO at the same time. Don't worry, if it does happen I will buy the third and fifth beers (no free wings, though).

Bye Bye--General Lee

no thanks. That's my route. You just enjoy Atlanta without me.

We'll see about that! You never know...... I've heard your CEO is on the board of the local power company (Pacific something....) in SEA, and he may take over for the current CEO. If he does that, he may decide to sell AK and become the next Bill Gates. And oh yeah, don't feed the troll (BAZE that is...)

Bye Bye--General Lee

If it happens, it seriously would be FANTASTIC. Flying SE Alaska in the Summer, and Cabo/Cancun in the Winter.

Bye Bye--General Lee

If it happens, then you just might get the occasional routes like you mentioned above. Every pilot furloughed pushes you further down the FO list. If you were a 1995 hire or after you just might be a junior captain sitting reserve for eternity flying SE Alaska in the winter and whatever dropped down in the summer. I highly doubt you would see the routes you mention anytime in the next 10 years. Very senior. Now if you stayed a gear jerker you could probably get what you want. It is great flying though and you have every right to be envious. I think you would best represent the kid with no money looking into a candy store because many folks senior to you would take the cherry routes! On another note, you would be stupid to bid down to short narrow-body and the payrates associated with it. But we all need dreams don't we!

Latest resources

Back