• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AS 4Q/Full Year Profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, this thread went South in a hurry!!:)

Unfortunately, this management is not much different from most other majors when it comes to employee relations. "Alaska Spirit" is nothing more than a tag line and is really more of a punch line for the hypocrisy spouted by Angle Lakers in conference calls. It's too bad because Alaska has a good product with good employees and could be a place where people are proud to work, however management has systematically destroyed what was once true "Alaska Spirit."

With all that said, I am glad to see a decent profit with talk of growth in 2010. If there is any truth to the rumor of a PDX base, all of this should result in bringing folks back.
Here's to hoping the backward slide is over!:beer:
CP.

You guys really have to get over this family thing. I really feel bad for the guys that have been there a few years and remember "the good old days." I am on furlough and not mad at all. ALK is run very well from a financial stand point. Alaska is not my family, I have one of those at home. When they need more pilots because of expansion or because people get tired of working overtime, I will get called back. I would rather work for a financially stable and responsible company that treats me like poo than a commune where I feel like one of the family but is unsustainable.

You guys really have to get over this family thing. I really feel bad for the guys that have been there a few years and remember "the good old days." I am on furlough and not mad at all. ALK is run very well from a financial stand point. Alaska is not my family, I have one of those at home. When they need more pilots because of expansion or because people get tired of working overtime, I will get called back. I would rather work for a financially stable and responsible company that treats me like poo than a commune where I feel like one of the family but is unsustainable.

You could have just written less by saying you enjoy taking it in the poop chute. Employees/family coming first seems to work just fine over at Southwest:rolleyes:.

You could have just written less by saying you enjoy taking it in the poop chute. Employees/family coming first seems to work just fine over at Southwest:rolleyes:.

Sure, If I could have both, I would. My example is one or the other.

The word "family" does not apply to the corporate world, especially in the airlines. SWA comes the closest of being a family airline and even they have issues.
It's only about the $$$, nothing else. After all these years, I have finally learned to leave my emotions out when it comes to work. It is what it is.

Employees/family coming first seems to work just fine over at Southwest:rolleyes:.

And it shows in the finances.

LUV 2009 income 99Mil / 529 airplanes = Profit of $178,000 per airplane.
ALK 2009 income 121Mil / 116 airplanes = Profit of $1.04 Mil per airplane.

Who is utilizing their resources better? Would I like my job back? Sure! But they do not need me. The fact is ALK over the last few years has squeezed more profit out of its resources, human and machine, than other airlines.

Latest resources

Back