• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Article: Southwest losing consumer luster as pilots vote on integration

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As far as I'm concerned, this is an issue for management. I myself, had a cousin recently who bought tickets on a carrier other than SWA. She called me and apologized. I told her, I didn't blame her. The only way to send the message is to buy the cheap ticket. How many travelers fly light enough as to not check a bag? I hope SWA management is asking that question.

I think the answer to your question is a lot, and the number is growing. I don't like the fees, but they are definitely working for the carriers that have adopted them. I think SWA is leaving money on the table by not charging them, but the current ad campaign makes it very hard for them to change their minds about them. As always, it will be interesting to watch.

I think the answer to your question is a lot, and the number is growing. I don't like the fees, but they are definitely working for the carriers that have adopted them. I think SWA is leaving money on the table by not charging them, but the current ad campaign makes it very hard for them to change their minds about them. As always, it will be interesting to watch.

I agree, and I have heard there are members of SWA management that do as well. I believe the baggage revenues are not taxed either.

Ahhhh. Pilots as managers. Gotta love the armchair CEO's and accountants. Do your front office types have a message board where they can debate the best ways to pilot an airliner?

So, Donald and I were having a well mannered discussion about fees, and your job is to squash it with bull********************. How about this... ******************** you

Avondale has a pretty good track record of getting most analysis with SW wrong. Take it for what it's worth.

Look at McAdope's personal history in the Airline Biz.....he isn't qualified to comment on the economic viability of a lemonade stand.... What a Moron....

Latest resources

Back