• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Article About DELTA Cuts...NW furlough comment by Reader

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm wondering if somehow Delta could get around it. Maybe they'll consider it nil and void with this merger. You can take anything to court these days. Interesting dilemma though.........

LOA 200610 and 14 survived and live on in the JPWA. It took a lot of negotiating capital to get that done.
In essence the joint agreement was dead unless the company agreed to it.

For example I am on the 767 on reserve and the last few months I have credits within 10 hrs of guarantee.

Is the no furlough clause in the new Delta/NW contract and does that apply to both pilot groups? I thought they kept saying pre-merger that there would be a 2 or 3 year no furlough.

I'm wondering if somehow Delta could get around it. Maybe they'll consider it nil and void with this merger. You can take anything to court these days. Interesting dilemma though.........

If they ever found a way to get rid of the flow agreement then they have to reduce the number of 71-76 seaters to 85 from 125. Which would also be a Massive cost and hinderance because the number of 71-76 seaters are well over 85 airframes now.

e. once the number of permitted 76-seat jets is established, it will not be reduced. Exception one: If a pilot on the seniority list with an employment date prior to September 1, 2001 is placed on furlough, the Company will convert all 76-seat jets for operation as 70-seat jets.
Exception two: In the event the flow provisions of NWA LOA 2006-10 and LOA 2006-14 cease to be available, either at the feeder carrier affiliate referenced in such LOAs or at another carrier, the number of jet aircraft configured with 71-76 passenger seats specified in Section 1 B. 40. d. will revert to 85.

Latest resources

Back