Article about ASA on Bloomberg.com

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First mate...and the passengers are served by the serving wench

When those pax pay the appropriate fare for their travel then they can bitch. Until then they can walk their fat asses to those councourses. Heaven forbid if they walk and do a little exercise. Also perhaps they need to learn about airspace and how cramped ATL is. Then when they deal with it on every turn they can have a greater appreciation for it. Until then they can take their 200 round trip ticket and shove it. I'm so sick and tired of these pax who feel as if they are entitled to airfare at cheap rates and the right to travel. They can take it and go shove it and complain when they start paying $600-800 for that round trip ticket. Until then they have no right to complain.

Well vent my spleen and call me Uranus. We made Bloomberg! And apparently our First Officers are swashbuckling their way up the seniority list every time they can shout out a "LAND HO!"

HAHA...come to think of it *and speaking of land ho*, the FO was probably trying to score with Mary Jane Credeur (the journalist). When she asked "And what do you call yourself?" after her photographer took the picture, he replied: "Thats my captain, I'm his first mate, and here is my telescope. Polly wanna go have sex in the aft equipment bay?"

Well, I'm not an airline pilot so I don't post on here too often but I do fly ASA pretty much every week. Am actually on an ASA flight later today too.

My honest (and anectodal) impression is that ASA has actually improved alot in the past 12 months or so; certainly with respect to D0 / A14 ontime performance. Flights seem to be more on time and fewer issues waiting for a gate on C Concourse on arrival than in the past. That's Delta jamming too many planes into that tetris game C Concourse ramp; not ASA's fault either.

Flight attendants are hit or miss; though usually they're pretty nice. Have had a couple real cuties the past little while too, which is always nice.

C Concourse gate agents tend to be pretty surly still but their Delta's problem now.

CRJ200s just plain suck; CRJ700s are way nicer. I like gate valet checking my roller bag so I don't have to deal with it onboard. It's not so bad waiting on the apron when the rampies roll out the pink tag bags; waiting in a conga line at the end of a jetbridge for 10 minutes stinks.

Not everybody hates ASA like this article would have you believe.

Last edited:
When those pax pay the appropriate fare for their travel then they can bitch. Until then they can walk their fat asses to those councourses. Heaven forbid if they walk and do a little exercise. Also perhaps they need to learn about airspace and how cramped ATL is. Then when they deal with it on every turn they can have a greater appreciation for it. Until then they can take their 200 round trip ticket and shove it. I'm so sick and tired of these pax who feel as if they are entitled to airfare at cheap rates and the right to travel. They can take it and go shove it and complain when they start paying $600-800 for that round trip ticket. Until then they have no right to complain.

Whaaaaa? You have got to be joking...right..right.
The value of anything is what someone is willing to pay for it. Its not their fault Delta or whomever is charging what they are. "These pax" are who pays your wages...when they cant afford to fly they wont.
The airline will shrink and some of us will be out of work. Until then...they are paying pax..and have every right to complain about cx,wx,and other delays. You am a dummy.

On a kinder note. ASA really has improved quite a bit.
Amazing what can happen after you get a contract that you struggled 5 years to get.

Whaaaaa? You have got to be joking...right..right.
The value of anything is what someone is willing to pay for it. Its not their fault Delta or whomever is charging what they are. "These pax" are who pays your wages...when they cant afford to fly they wont.
The airline will shrink and some of us will be out of work. Until then...they are paying pax..and have every right to complain about cx,wx,and other delays. You am a dummy.

Do you work for Walmart because I sure as hell dont! That's the walmart mentality that is hurting our society and people like you do not see it.

Latest resources

Back