• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

casper1nine

liberal radical party ldr
is arrow still flying?

anybody got any conditions / job / hiring info?

-casper1nine

I don't know if there hiring but they just got a DC-10-10 on the ramp. To go with a pretty funky new paint job. You can see it on airliners.net. It was sad to see the Big A on the tail removed.

From what I've heard from some furloughed Arrow guys, the've been recalling for the past couple of months. Future of the company is rumored to be with the 10's, probably has something to do with RVSM etc. I've never flown for them, so this is all second hand information. Take it with a grain of salt.
Airlinepilotpay.com lists their info as first year FO pay at $59/hr with a 55 hr guarantee. $49/hr for FE. Not sure which seat they hire for though. That seems to be competetive for the DC-8. The rest of the info is at www.airlinepilotpay.com/arrow/arrow.htm

They have been known to hire into any seat that needs to be filled. I started sideways and moved to the right seat in just over a year. This was a while ago though. Arrow was a fun place to work (for a single guy) prior to the Fine buy out. I have not talked to anyone there recently bought I'm sure not much has changed. It's probably still a decent place to go for a couple years and get some heavy/int'l time.

could be. pm me with any leads you care to share.

thanks,
casper

Last edited:
Fine Air was fun. Arrow Air was full of better than thou **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** heads. They all left. The ones that stayed hated the Fine boys and weren't smart enough to realize if it weren't for ol man Frank they would have been out of a job.

It's been a while since the last post re Arrow Air, but...they are advertising for all seats...DC8 capt, $89/hr. See www.ppjn.com for more details re pay. Don't know anything else about them or their current situation.

Good luck to all. You'd actually TRY to get a freight job ?

Bafanguy:

I prefer hauling freight...No headaces from pax and or F/As among other things.

If ya are running late, or if there is a wx/loading/mx problem, ones goes in the back of the freighter and lies down in the bunk n' tell the loadmaster to wake ya up when things are ready..:D

Have flown for carriers with both pax and freight planes, I usually bid the freighter.
Easier and more relaxed.

Usually longer lay-overs also so one can go Honky-Tonking.:cool:

One great schedule I remember flying for a while:

LAX to Honolullu....4 days lay-over
HNL to Sydney......4 days lay-over
SNY to Hong Kong..4 days lay-over
Then back to LAX.

The whole rotation took 16 days, then off for 16 days.
Great for a bachelor...Flying from party to party, girlfirends all over the planet..

Aye, them were the days.:D

CSY,

I hear ya !! I'm not allowed to have those kinda "days" anymore. Matter of fact, I'm not sure I ever had those kinda "days".

It's interesting that Arrow has posted their ad twice recently; not getting the replies they want ? You'd think with the industry on its butt lately, people would be knocking down their doors.

I'd think flying a quadrasaurus rex would be fun. It had a devoted following when DL had them.

Latest resources

Back