• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Arpey's "parachute."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, I'm reporting facts. I'm not sticking up for bonuses after concessions, either. Don Carty lost his job for that, not Arpey. I am sticking up for the profit motive. It ain't charity. Like Gary Kelly, there's incentive pay. That's how Arpey was paid. Labor doesn't need to have a say in that, but stockholders should.

I'm also not in favor of recycling failure. Airlines are notorious for this. I believe that if you've presided over the bankruptcy of a publicly-traded company, listed on a domestic stock exchange, you should not be allowed to hold a similar position with another public company. This should include CEOs, CFOs, COOs and Directors/Officers of the BOD. I've heard time and again that they get recycled because they're the only ones or the best ones available. I don't buy that.

How do you expect a CEO or members of the board be compensated? Salary only? Hourly? Plus incentives? Stock? Steve Jobs' salary was $1/yr, but he was worth over $6B at his death. I'm uncomfortable with an arbitrary maximum pay not set by market standards.

I'm sure if AMR was really successful that no one would mind what he's paid.

Youre an apologist- Arpey has extracted more money out of AA in his tenure to insure his great grandkids never have to work a day in their life- but keep sticking up for greed man-

http://blog.chron.com/lorensteffy/2...ges-reward-executives-for-workers-sacrifices/

If those grandkids & great grandkids never work a day, that's their loss. I've seen & heard stories about more than a few kids up the "upper, upper class" that were complete wastes of space. Just because their daddy or granddaddy had a pile of money, doesn't mean they're going to turn out to be good people.

If Arpey were to meet you & cut you a big, fat check......say 3 million, because you're such a nice guy (and I'm sure you are). What would you do with it? Refuse it? Donate it all to charity? Turn it all over the the U.S. Gub'mint because they need it so badly to pay off our trillions in debt? Open an offshore acct & never work again?

Hypothetical?.....obviously.......just curious, though.

If Arpey were to meet you & cut you a big, fat check......say 3 million, because you're such a nice guy (and I'm sure you are). What would you do with it? Refuse it? Donate it all to charity? Turn it all over the the U.S. Gub'mint because they need it so badly to pay off our trillions in debt? Open an offshore acct & never work again?

Hypothetical?.....obviously.......just curious, though.

Easy. Hookers & coke.

2 chicks at the same time.

Don't feel too bad for him

Did you miss this?

Article said:
The proxy says that Arpey's pension includes $832,173 in a retirement benefit plan and $3,879,477 in a non-qualified plan.

According to an Securities and Exchange Commission filing made in May, Arpey currently holds 2,455,718 shares, which are worth $785,829.76 at the current price of 32 cents a share.

Latest resources

Back