• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BoDEAN

Cabo Wabo Express
Pilots:
Over the last couple of months, I have noticed that a lot of the message boards that I visit have slowly been drying up with posts. It makes me wonder why. I tend to visit here, pprune, ilsapproach.com, jetcareers, and aopa just to name a couple.

But after visiting say, jetcareers, and seeing one post a week, it makes me wonder if people just packed their bag's and went elsewhere. This forum keeps busy. Anyone else notice this? Even the rec.aviation newsgroups seem slow with posts lately. I use to see 100-200 posts a day, now it seems like it is down for 30-40.

Also, besides this message board, do any other forums shine on the net and are worth visiting? I am an upcoming CFI and looking for a future career with a major carrier, if that helps =)

Keep the blue side up!

I've looked at a lot of forums, and if you're looking for an aviation career this is the best site.

As far as others:

pprune-for non americans
airliners.net-for aviation hobbyists
flyertalk-for frequent fliers
studentpilot.net-the military board is great

Over the last couple of months, I have noticed that a lot of the message boards that I visit have slowly been drying up with posts.

I agree. I would guess one of the reasons for this is the fact airlines aren't hiring the way they were back in the big hiring boom. Back then, the hiring boom was the main topic on most message boards. The message boards were filled with interview experiences, questions on hiring mins for dozens of airlines, etc, etc. I think that's one of the big reasons for some of the message boards slowing down.

Anyone else have any feedback?

Airliners.net is full of euro-trash, Jihad fanatics and gheigh flight attendants...Every discussion revolves around Israel vs. The World, Gheighest City in the World and whether Boeing is better than Airbus...BUT, that's where I found out about this hang out, so will see what happens :mad:

I just visited the AirLiners.net message board, and they want 5 dollars a month to join. Although, they seem to have a lot of people on the boards and a lot of posts. Not sure if I want to bother with that message board. I have been happy with this board and AOPA's. I am still debating on AVSig's

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back