• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Army Strong"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hate to thread jump, but what was the AIM fiasco?

Something to do with changing terminology to further emasculate the pilot world?

I believe he was alluding to the fact that the AIM used to be called the AirMEN Information Manual. I'm not 100% sure about that, though.

Hate to thread jump, but what was the AIM fiasco?

Something to do with changing terminology to further emasculate the pilot world?

Not to long ago, some feminists lobbied congress (or someplace else, maybe the FAA) as they decided that the term "Airman's Information Manual" was too sexist, and that potential women pilots were not being encouraged enough to fly because of a male dominated culture.. thus Aeronautical Information Manual, and a few other social engineering programs like Federally funded women in aviation grands and academic programs were started etc.. They're still working on "Airman's Certificate" I hear..

The social engineers will stop at nothing until they drag every woman out of what ever she's doing and make this over bloated pilot labor force, even more bloated with 50/50 ratios in all jobs applications.. But I've hi-jacked this thread and feel bad, so now I'm outta here..

:rolleyes:

gringo, thanks for your service. I think it all counts.

frog flyer, in exactly what capacity have you ever served your country?

He dude, I'm glad you did your thing and retired a full bird colonel and all, but I think you're being a bit hard here..

I too served, and frankly a lot more brutally (infantry soldier in two wars, with war wounds).. and you dont' hear me holding people to standards like you're doing, and the last time I checked, being a pilot in the airforce isn't exactly the hardest job in the military (at least physically).. heck women are doing all of those jobs now. You don't see women driving tanks, and humping 90lb ruck sacks on 20 mile road marches do you?

Chill out there colonel, and thanks for your service, even if I would have given my left nut to have been able to do the same myself, but you had to have two moon landings and 20/10 eyes to fly in the military in 1988.

He dude, I'm glad you did your thing and retired a full bird colonel and all, but I think you're being a bit hard here..

I too served, and frankly a lot more brutally (infantry soldier in two wars, with war wounds).. and you dont' hear me holding people to standards like you're doing, and the last time I checked, being a pilot in the airforce isn't exactly the hardest job in the military (at least physically).. heck women are doing all of those jobs now. You don't see women driving tanks, and humping 90lb ruck sacks on 20 mile road marches do you?

Chill out there colonel, and thanks for your service, even if I would have given my left nut to have been able to do the same myself, but you had to have two moon landings and 20/10 eyes to fly in the military in 1988.

Sorry to hear about your wounds. It's guys like you and the ones who gave the ultimate sacrifice that deserve our greatest thanks. As far as my previous post, it only applied to frog flyer who according to his profile, has never served and is therefore not remotely qualified to shoot his mouth off about the Army or any other branch of service.

Nope, haven't served yet. 2.5 years till I get out of school.

It's fun to make fun of the army cadets; that's why I added the disclaimer at the bottom.

Sorry to hear about your wounds. It's guys like you and the ones who gave the ultimate sacrifice that deserve our greatest thanks. As far as my previous post, it only applied to frog flyer who according to his profile, has never served and is therefore not remotely qualified to shoot his mouth off about the Army or any other branch of service.

amen to that brother.. wont lie either, wounds were extremely minor and not worth mention I suppose..... so why did I?, Don't really know.. I suppose occasionally a chip appears on my shoulder that says to me "you should have been in an F-18 and not an M1" during Gulf War I...

Sorry to jump on you there, peace.

Last edited:

Actually you applied the principle of Ready, Fire, Aim at gringo too. I guess two shots, one kill is pretty good for an Army dude. Army Strong!

Actually you applied the principle of Ready, Fire, Aim at gringo too. I guess two shots, one kill is pretty good for an Army dude. Army Strong!

Gringo only suffered a flesh wound, he'll be fine.:) As far as the "Army Strong" slogan goes, well lets just say I'm glad to be retired! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I like the new Army commercial with the farm family and the emphasis on parental influence.
Army of one left a little to be desired, in my opinion.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back