Arizona DPS Pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lucky Strike

Does anyone have knowledge of pilot position being advertised with Arizona DPS. Mainly, are their pilots dual qualified in fixed & rotor wing...or do they keep them separate?

Rough67 said:

Rough67-

I did a search and didn't come up with anything. I know what's advertised for the job. I'm scheduled for interview in a couple of weeks. I wanted some inside info...that's why I asked here.

Lucky Strike said:
Rough67-

I did a search and didn't come up with anything. I know what's advertised for the job. I'm scheduled for interview in a couple of weeks. I wanted some inside info...that's why I asked here.

gotcha.. that other post of mine was my own double post looking for the same info before I searched and found your post ;)

Lucky,

My mother was a Pilot for them in the early 1980s. She mainly flew the King Air and Cessna aircraft for speed detail. I do not remember them having helicopters - but then again that was more than 20 years ago! :)

One more hint - you need to detail your experience in your resume and/or cover letter for the areas that they detail in the job posting.

When the State hires, the initial screening process happens in HR. They literally take the stack of resumes and the job posting and see if your experience matches their list. If it does, you go in the "qualified" pile. If they cannot discern whether you have that experience and/or requirements, you go into the "not qualified" pile.

From there, all the resumes are then placed in a file to be reviewed by the department that is hiring. Now, the more detailed and better formatted resume will typically get the interview - as they usually only take about 5-10 people out of the stack for the initial interview.

Make sure you address their issues and you will likely rise to the top of the stack!

Lucky Strike said:
Does anyone have knowledge of pilot position being advertised with Arizona DPS. Mainly, are their pilots dual qualified in fixed & rotor wing...or do they keep them separate?

Separate quals, in the past most rotor guys are ex military...

Latest resources

Back