Ariat boots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Danner Boots

I'd recommend Danner boots. Made in the USA (a rare breed these days). A little pricey but they'll last forever. Might want to verify that they're within your uniform spec. tho.

Justin also makes an airport friendly roper. I bought mine from Flight Station. They are very comfortable and shine up nice- looks very professional.

+1

I have owned the Justin 3170s for about two years and they have held up well. They were hell to break in but now they feel like a pair of slippers. Also security safe.

I've worn the Ariat ropers for 6 years now! They never, ever once set off the alarms. The best part is they shine up awesomely. My boots quite often look better than the other guys slipper-loafer looking shoes! You do have to be a little careful while waling on a glycol/snowy ramp as they do lack a little traction

Ariat Blackwater's for me. They are great boots with a square toe. So you get a little more room up front for the long days. Still have the flat roper heel. I too have never had. an issue with them going though security

I've worn the Ariat ropers for 6 years now! They never, ever once set off the alarms. The best part is they shine up awesomely. My boots quite often look better than the other guys slipper-loafer looking shoes! You do have to be a little careful while waling on a glycol/snowy ramp as they do lack a little traction

Yea, I learned the traction lesson the hard way. I made it about 3/4 of the way around my walk around in Syracuse in the snow. Upon reaching the left rear quarter, my feet went one way, and my torso the other. I found myself lying on my back, face up in the snow. The best part was looking over to my left at the DAL Mad Dog and seeing all the windows with faces plastered up against the lexan, analyzing my lesson in physics. Yes, pride is tasty.............

Just take one large step thru the detector, one foot at a time, so that each shoe goes thru by itself. Halves the metal going thru, no ding ding! You look like a retard but it beats taking your shoes off.

My primary boot criteria:

-Will it fit in General Lee's ass?

-If it needs to be forced, all the better!

Latest resources

Back