• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ariat boots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just take one large step thru the detector, one foot at a time, so that each shoe goes thru by itself. Halves the metal going thru, no ding ding! You look like a retard but it beats taking your shoes off.
You can also run through it so quickly that it does not sense you at all :smash:

Do the Ariats have replaceable heels? I tend to need new rubber put on the heels at least once a year.

I don't know if they're replaceable, but I drag and scuff my soles all day long, and 1.5 years on the heel has worn less than any pair of footwear I've ever used. They look almost new.

I wore my Ariats for 875 block hours last year, hundreds of flight hours this year, and hundreds of beer drinking hours. Still feel like a pair of house slippers, except no bunny ears.

I've worn the Ariat #34770 for the past 6+ years, and swear by them. Comfortable, security friendly, but I do agree about the traction. Otherwise a great uniform boot.

Peace.

Rekks

Ariat Blackwater's for me. They are great boots with a square toe. So you get a little more room up front for the long days. Still have the flat roper heel. I too have never had. an issue with them going though security

I have been looking for this boot in a size 12D for several weeks now and can't find them anywhere! Ariat has discontinued this style and they don't have another boot that is similar. I have another set of Ariats and they are awesome. I can only hope that they come out with this style again very soon.

I also have 2 pair of Justins, don't see anything better about them. Can't say I didn't want to when I bought the Ariats 3.5 years ago, but both made in China and the 35501 was more comfortable personally than the comparable Justin. Ariats have never gone off in security (not that you didn't know that by now). I love that I can do my schisse-kicking on my days off and shine 'em up nice and perty for work.

You can also run through it so quickly that it does not sense you at all :smash:

Just make sure you are carrying a bottle of liquid and be sure and scream "Allah Akbar!!!" while doing so. The TSA clowns think that's a hoot. Let me know how it goes for you.

If anyone is interested, I FINALLY found someone that has the discontinued Ariat Blackwater boots in stock on line and just ordered a pair today. All Ariat boots have composite shanks so they are airport friendly and will not set off the metal detector. They have a square toe and look sharp and are very comfortable. If you are interested, call Ace Tack and Outfitters in Cambridge, MN at 1-800-ACE-4321. I talked to Peggy and she was very helpful. These boots are on sale at 25% off at $119.95 + $14.95 shipping via UPS.

Here's the link if you want to take a look:
http://www.acetack.com/armebl.html

Latest resources

Back