• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Are you going to bid around Sept. 11th?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
9/11 is just like 12/07. A day when many innocent lives were lost in the cause of a "free" society. Say a prayer, say thanks and get on with your job exerting a high degree of freedom.

I have a feeling that the airlines (bowing to the emotional press) will have far less flights than pilots willing to fly them.

Re: Oh H - E double hockey sticks YES

CRJ_Driver said:
Without a shadow of a doubt, I plan to be in the air that day. Whether I'm in the cockpit or in the back, I think its a great opportunity for everyone who can fly for free to show they are not going to let terrorist's win!

I believe ALPA, APA etc. . . should encourage all employee's to passride that day if able to show support of Enduring Freedom, the airline industry and all of the victims and hero's of 9/11/01.

If you agree with this and are planning to fly..please reply and show your support!

Thank You and God Bless America!

Dittos and Amen,

I think that I will post this idea on my company bbs, heck I may even send the owner a email suggesting a company wide promotion.

I encourage everone else to do the same.

Can you imagine. Planeloads of angry non-revs, just waiting to jump some scum sucking shoebomber.

regards
8N

Edit: one minute later. I'm going to steal your idea and start a new string.

Salute the victims by ending your takeoff clearance with a resounding "Lets Roll!"

Just out of curiosity, is there any background behind that? I'm new to aviation, so forgive me if that's common knowledge, but is that heard a lot?

One of the passengers on UAL 93 said "Let's Roll!" right before they went to try to overtake the hijackers.

911 bidding

I sure would. Screw them where they deserve it. Besides, as aero99 put it most astutely, September 11 will probably be the safest day in a year to fly.

Of course, the victims and necessary and appropriate retribution for their brutal murders will be in my thoughts.

BTW, throttlejockey, I like your avatar. :)

Last edited:
Personally, I'll bid to DEFINITELY work on 9/11. Not only that, but if for whatever reason I'm off.... I'll go jumpseating or something.

Screw those towelhead bastards!!!

I have vacation the firwst two weeks of Sept. ( Did not get my first choice). I am in!!! I will on the 11th put on my uniform with pride and non-rev DFW-LGA and back. I will say a prayer for our lost brothers, and be visible to the public, showing that I am not afraid.
Hope to see many of you on the 11th.

AAflyer

The REAL question is; Will the flying public be there? the turnout on post sept.11 will be the real test for our industry and america.

It doesn't seem possible almost a year has passed, yet the memory of waking up and seeing the smoke, fire, and chaos on CNN seems like yesterday. 9/11 should be a reminder that airline crews are all part of a family ( ok, maybe a dysfunctional family sometimes) and the complaining about RJ's, scope, pay, only 13 days off a month, etc. pale in comparison to the horrors that occured that day to so many people. It's impossible for me to even imagine what the victims went through in their last moments alive.
As for the origional question, no way am I bidding around 9/11. Anyone who does doesn't deserve to wear the uniform.

Latest resources

Back