• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Are you going to bid around Sept. 11th?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I am not dispatching that day, I'd be more than happy to be riding a jumpseat somewhere on 9-11.

I was at the AA Flight Academy the morning of 9-11 in the Eagle SOC - a day I'll never forget. I still have the printer messages that shut the airline system down.

last september, say the 10th, was the 11th a holiday or any other day of significance? ABSOLUTLY NOT! I think we are making a bigger deal out of the actuall calander day than they are right now. they chose sept.11th becouse it HAD NO SIGNIFICANT MEANING! and that was the big surprise. The others who are out there are most likely not planning a big reunion attack.
after all is said, it is just another number on the calander.

I may half-heartedly try to bid around 9-11...not because of the Muslims, but because of our own people. Don't you know the "enhanced" security measures that are sure to be in effect that day are going to be a real monkey f___?

But the real question is do I have any fear of flying on 9-11? Hell no. Like temcgrew said, terrorists don't care what the date is. If you bid around 9-11 because you're worried about Muslims, you might as well resign.

I was flying last year when they shut down the ATC system, and I hope to be up this year.

Sure would be a good day to take out ol' shoe shine boy, wouldn't it?

Todd Beamer

The guy who said "Let's Roll" that day on #93 was Todd Beamer. His wife formed a non-profit to assist all of the surviving children of families who died on 9/11;

http://www.beamerfoundation.org/

Neil Young has a GREAT tune on his newest CD, "Are you Passionate?" dedicated to Todd & his fellow passengers... it's track #5, "Let's Roll".

My $.02 - I was starting the 2nd day of my B737 type training on the morning of 9/11. When we finally got back to training, later that day, the owners of HPA came into the room and told all of us that if anyone wanted to leave, a full refund would be given - no questions asked. All 11 in our class stayed. There was NO WAY that those basta**s were going to "win" by making ANY of us change our lives based on the attack.

I later became lucky enough to be hired by SWA and having been waiting (and waiting) for training to resume. The culmination of 20 years of paying dues , planning & dreaming about becoming a SWA pilot will NEVER end just because a bunch of assho**s declared war on my country. If they would let me, I would GLADLY get on the next plane to Ft. Rucker, strap an AH-64 to my butt and go wherever Al Queda is hiding to personnally deliver my DISGUST with those COWARDS!!!

"Kill em' all & let God sort em' out..."

If I do not have a trip on 9/11, I'll buy a r/t to somewhere cheap on SWA to support the industry on a day where, unfortunately, some Americans will be hunkered down in FEAR of flying on that day.

God Bless America, one nation UNDER GOD (for the freeks in SFO)!!

Have a great day all! Regards - Tredding

Not including President Bush, the man who said "Let's Roll," was Todd Beamer, the man who probably organized and led the attack on the cockpit, to take the plane back from the hijackers on flight 93. He was a devout christian, and had just prayed the Lord's Prayer with a 911 operator before they voted and acted on that vote. He is one of the heroes of 911, and will always be remembered.

Let's roll....

I think it is a great show of support not only to the innocent lives lost but also to the many family members whose lives were forever changed on that september morning. I do however feel that the airlines are going to have the final say on "how" this Sept 11 materializes due to the fact that "we" cannot control how many flights will be flying that day, load factors, etc., and in fact most airlines seem to have cut numerous flights out for this 9/11 due to the public being a tad nervous about taking to the skies.....- No matter how "safe" we as pilots feel the general public of this country is going to be the dictating factor on how we as a country appear to the rest of the world and from what I have read the load factors will not be good or anything to cheer about..... Even though this day will probably be the safest day in history to take to the skies the public does not look at it this way which is sad BUT I think that their are many other ways to pay tribute and respect other than flying.....- I am sure UAL & AA not to mention every other airline and gov't agency WILL pay tribute in many ways and this 9/11 will be a day that never will be forgotten by anyone-

God Bless all and may we stand out to the rest of the world-

As a side note- Just for curiousity sake- Why does it appear that or atleast to me that the Intl carriers such as El Al have not been vocal and overly outspoken & supportive to the American pilots.??- After all the money and support this country gives Israel would it be too much to ask for them to pay tribute in some way?

C H E E R S

3 5 0

That may be the longest sentence I have ever seen.

BUT, in all seriousness, I am proud to be an American. I am proud to be a citizen of the greatest country on the face of this earth. And last but CERTIANLY not least, I am proud to be a member of an industry that has a group of collegues so dedicated to their country and their country's freedom to show support in the ways you have all mentioned.

Great ideas guys. Let's make it happen! or to recall a previously coined phrase. . . LET'S ROLL!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back