• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Are you fed up too?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did it ever occur to you that it was NOT the captain making the PA. I can assure you it was NOT at that point of the flight.

All:

To each his/her own....some love the LUV, some ridicule it as a passing fad that has no comparison to the "legacies".....

I cry BS on a lot of this stuff and while the cross banter from pilots on this board is amusing, I love it when people say this or that didn't or never happened.

Trust me when I tell you, after 20 years of this, you are not doing anything original. If it has been thought of it has been done.

A Captain making a PA while thundering down the runway.....not only have I heard of it, I have witnessed it. I have witnessed Captains wearing costumes, pig noses, Santa hats, Halloween garb....you name it.

A350

A Captain making a PA while thundering down the runway.....not only have I heard of it, I have witnessed it. I have witnessed Captains wearing costumes, pig noses, Santa hats, Halloween garb....you name it.

A350
Worked the 727 panel for 2 diffrent Captains that would blow a wooden train whistle over the pa and say "all aboard" for every pushback. One of them even wore a denim, blue and white striped, train engineers hat.

What kind of man reads "The Huffington Post"?

"but my ticket was $300 just to go from Midway to Ft. Lauderdale.................."

Explains her grasp of reality, glad she won't be back. However, we know she will be. :puke:

Passengers assume any male voice without a lisp is a pilot. I can't count how many times I've been complemented on the jokes I've told on the PA, only I don't tell jokes on the PA. As my wife reminds me all the time, I'm not that funny.

Yeah. Had a bit of a similar experience.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please use caution when retrieving carry ons from the overheads as items tend to shift. Shift happens."

Well, I guess it does.

Whatever...

After 8 days at flops, and on go home day after an already 12 hr day, I don't want to hear it!

Leslie needs a life. SWA does a great job. They learned some of their laid back and efficiency from us. Aircal.

Busting SWA's balls about their product is the same as every other thread on this board. If you think it sucks, don't buy a ticket on them. If you think their pilots are unsafe, don't jumpseat on them. If you don't like the operation, don't apply to work for them.

That's the thing about this industry. It's all about balance. For every person that hates the thought of working for (or traveling on) SWA, there is one that feels the same about legacy carriers. It's all about personal preference. It's like the Ford vs. Chevy or American Car vs. Foreign Car debate. There is no accounting for taste.

The ONLY thing about SW that's gotten old for me is the fact that they keep marketing themselves as the underdog. While the legacy carriers patted themselves on their collective backs for the "superior product" they thought American's were willing to pay for, the "poor underdogs" found markets that had the door cracked open and they kicked it in. No matter who you are, you have to respect that kind of business sense. Now SWA is the 800 pound gorilla in the room. They aren't just doing the same thing different, they are fast becoming (or have become) the benchmark from which others are measured. So it's time to play on a level field. "Set LUV free" my a$$.

But hey, that's just my opinion and I might be wrong.

Worked the 727 panel for 2 diffrent Captains that would blow a wooden train whistle over the pa and say "all aboard" for every pushback. One of them even wore a denim, blue and white striped, train engineers hat.

Is one a IAH-based CAL pilot? I think, sadly, I may know who you mean. Even worse if it's not the same person. That would mean there are 3 idiots out there.

Wasn't it Yogi Berra that said of Southwest Airlines a few years ago, "Nobody flies on Southwest anymore, the flights are too crowded."?

Latest resources

Back