Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

are walkin applications any good to expressjet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skytrash969

im BROKE bitch im BROKE!!
does anyone know if a reply would be faster from expressjet if a pilot/copilot for expressjet walks in an application? I know everyone says to chill out and just wait, but oppertunities are comming that I am thinking of taking, but would rather go to expressjet. thanks for any replies.

skytrash969 said:
does anyone know if a reply would be faster from expressjet if a pilot/copilot for expressjet walks in an application? I know everyone says to chill out and just wait, but oppertunities are comming that I am thinking of taking, but would rather go to expressjet. thanks for any replies.

I don't think so...

I tried to walk my buddy's stuff in from FLYi and was told that would not make a bit of difference as far as getting the interview. Now if you can walk in to the interview with a rec letter from your friend at xjt, that should probably help your cause assuming your not a total creep.:p Best of luck to ya in all seriousness.

No it doesn't help. I tried recommending a few of my old CFI co-workers and the Hiring department pretty much said "sorry, we're looking for prior 135 or 121 experience right now, or at least a "jet transition course"". As a probationary FO I'm sure my opinions are worth even less than the average pilot's.....

Alchemy said:
No it doesn't help. I tried recommending a few of my old CFI co-workers and the Hiring department pretty much said "sorry, we're looking for prior 135 or 121 experience right now, or at least a "jet transition course"". As a probationary FO I'm sure my opinions are worth even less than the average pilot's.....

I wouldn't take it personally. I've had a check airman tell me he was told the same thing. Sounds like they've upped the bar for new hire applicants.

Ya upheld the bar........thats why HR is doing all the hiring and not the pilots anymore. A bunch of real PC guys that you can't stand to spend 4 days with! (not the majority, just that the climate has changed in the last year)

Just do what I did when I flew with 'em eat Broccoli,pickeled quail eggs, & Lone Star beer the night before.

I don't know how helpful this is but in a recent voicemail to pilots, George Semak, our CP, told us to email him if we knew of anyone we wanted to recommend. He said he would then look at that person's application/resume to see if he's competitive. Just don't ask me what they're looking for.

I would suggest that if you know anyone at XJT, ask them to email GS with your name and perhaps a copy of your resume. It's not going to hurt your chances.

THat's exactly what I did up....it still won't help you if don't have the 135 or 121 experience they want now.

Latest resources

Back