Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WMUSIGPI

The $100,000,000 Question
Title pretty much says it all. Just wondering how many guys are going to jump ship with the new round of bad news. Doubt it would be to the point of Skyway where they actually had to hire more to make up all the ones leaving (several of which came here, and likely will be cut here soon). I know the circumstances are a little different here, just bored on reserve ... for now.

how much time is required to get recall rights... haven't heard that one yet. I thought if you were done with IOE you were able to be recalled

I bet those few guys who jumped ship from Skyway to Mesaba are kicking themselves now. Peoples senority, especially those on the bottom half, have been climbing very quickly. There are pilots who were hired in Spring/Summer of '04 who now are going to be able to hold Beech Captain. That grass isn't always greener on the other side. Good luck to Mesaba.

The current "scare" reminds me of 3 years ago when MAIR bought Big Sky during our negotiation process. There was a pretty good exodus of FOs (some with 2-3 years) that went to companies like ACA, Air Wisconsin, Comair. At that time, those companies were places to be, but just in a matter of years, oh how the tide turns. It just shows that in today's market you're not really safe anywhere, especially with low seniority. When the music stops, make sure you have a seat.

Aviation jsut isn't what it used to be. How bout we all walk out (nationwide) for a day, then people would realize how important air travel is to the US economy and life in general.

skeeter said:
Aviation jsut isn't what it used to be. How bout we all walk out (nationwide) for a day, then people would realize how important air travel is to the US economy and life in general.

YEAH!!! Just like the air traffic controllers back in the Reagan days.

For the pilots that have been there less then a year, does this mean that they have to wait to be furloughed before finding another job? ( Training contract )

skeeter said:

Ahh yes...the good old days of aviation. Working for the airlines has been like going to Vegas ever since the introduction of commercial air service. You'll either retire a millionaire or be flat broke and regardless of what you do you'll have no control over your destiny.

Latest resources

Back