Are Delta pilots being told to move?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nope.....never heard that.

Maybe the sheeple Flight Attendants have been told that because they are non-union but doubtful because they are about to vote and rocking the boat would be gambling for the company.

LOL, if they wanted to ensure a victory for the AFA, that'd sure be one way to do it.

Nu

...Or maybe you will have to be in domicile 12 hours before sign in...what makes you think they HAVE to incorporate the commute into your trip? Not gonna happen....

Don't know how you would enforce that. I live in base, but there have been times I was away for the weekend, only to come back a couple of hours before sign in. It's none of the FAA's business what I do prior to sign in. They gonna start doing bed checks, or requiring a guy with a screaming baby at home to get a hotel room?

Last edited:
Don't know how you would enforce that. I live in base, but there have been times I was away for the weekend, only to come back a couple of hours before sign in. It's none of the FAA's business what I do prior to sign in. They gonna start doing bed checks, or requiring a guy with a screaming baby at home to get a hotel room?

Babbit can kiss my ass.

Agree 100%. But keep in mind the impetus for feel good legislation. We already have a majority of people in this country who think it is the federal government's role to preside over anything and everything. Most people don't understand the ins and outs of commuting and would gladly empower mother gubment to "do something about this" so it wouldn't suprise me if they tried. Sitting in traffic is 10 times more taxing than non revving in the back and yet some so called "locals" with lengthy drive times very well might not get slapped with the same asinine restrictions. We will have to see what this "labor friendly" admin comes up with.

I moved from Dallas five years ago.
What? Did they have to do the following as per FullofLuv?
purchase my home and cover it if I'm upside down, pay for the move, explain to my wife and kids about losing their friends and family support, give me a cost of living increase to adjust for any increase in new living cost, cover my wife's loss of salary and longevity until she can replace it, pay for my divorce, and give me positive space to visit friends and family...The list goes on and on...

Last edited:
So, they would want the Delta pilots to sell their homes and move closer to a base? What if the homes are "under water" with respect to the mortgage? They probably couldn't force people to move. I don't see that happening.

KILL THIS THREAD.....

This was never said to Delta people.

Total BS.

DAL would never do it. It would cost the corporation a ton of money that they would not have to spend if it was legislated. Much easier to have a government force it upon airline workers than to have a corporate policy that you would have to pay for.

Commuting is Pandora's Box, and I do not think anyone wants to open it. I truly feel ppl would leave in groves.

Total BS.

DAL would never do it. It would cost the corporation a ton of money that they would not have to spend if it was legislated. Much easier to have a government force it upon airline workers than to have a corporate policy that you would have to pay for.

Commuting is Pandora's Box, and I do not think anyone wants to open it. I truly feel ppl would leave in groves.

Isn't it "leave in droves"? Just sayin....

Total BS.

Isn't it "leave in droves"? Just sayin....

Not if they're all headed to Florida, but I hear the commute would be even more difficult, so maybe he means they'll be dropping like fries?:nuts:

Latest resources

Back