• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Are Delta and US Airways in an 'airline brawl?'

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I always remember seeing US and Delta equally matched for market share in the nifty power point presentations Wolf and Rakesh used to put on for us.

Funny thing was that Delta always had a bigger jet at the gate compared to what we were driving.

If US had a Dash-8, they had an RJ
If US had an F100, they had an MD80
If US had a 737, they had a 757
If US has a 757, they had a 767-300
If US had an A330, they had a 777.

Brawl? I dunno. More like grumpy neighbors. Delta has a MUCH larger route network to leverage against US though... not much of a brawl. More of a nuisance.

P.S. I absolutely loved my airline on a Dash-8 yesterday from PHL-HPN. No APU, nearly saw a passenger riot as temperatures went north of 100F in the cabin with no airflow. Nice dark blue paint job. Some of the worst inflight customer service I've witnessed in a long time.

8 years of airlining to and from work and I've never had an adventure close to this one.

Aw,c'mon man, admit it .... You miss it.

PHXFLYR

Aw,c'mon man, admit it .... You miss it.

PHXFLYR

Nope. I get a taste every tour on each and any carrier. Things have gotten worse in ten years. I can hardly blame the employees but it doesn't make airlining any easier.

I still can't believe the industry is in such a state that makes SWA look good; service and pay wise.

Nope. I get a taste every tour on each and any carrier. Things have gotten worse in ten years. I can hardly blame the employees but it doesn't make airlining any easier.

I still can't believe the industry is in such a state that makes SWA look good; service and pay wise.

....which isn't saying much. And my neighbors wonder why we drive when we go on vacation somewhere.

PHXFLYR

"P.S. I absolutely loved my airline on a Dash-8 yesterday from PHL-HPN. No APU, nearly saw a passenger riot as temperatures went north of 100F in the cabin with no airflow. Nice dark blue paint job. Some of the worst inflight customer service I've witnessed in a long time."

That does not sound unusual at all, given the airline you described. That is called Wednesday at Piedmont Airlines - "Where piloting careers come to die."

On the training facility doorway - "Abandon hope, all ye who enter here."

Slogan - "Lowering the bar, since 1967."

Alternate - "If you ain't unhappy, we ain't happy."

"P.S. I absolutely loved my airline on a Dash-8 yesterday from PHL-HPN. No APU, nearly saw a passenger riot as temperatures went north of 100F in the cabin with no airflow. Nice dark blue paint job. Some of the worst inflight customer service I've witnessed in a long time."

That does not sound unusual at all, given the airline you described. That is called Wednesday at Piedmont Airlines - "Where piloting careers come to die."

On the training facility doorway - "Abandon hope, all ye who enter here."

Slogan - "Lowering the bar, since 1967."

Alternate - "If you ain't unhappy, we ain't happy."

If you say so. I flew at PDT for a time. We refused aircraft in the summer that had no APU. It wasn't safe or comfortable for pax. The pax were re-accommodated on a later flight.

Sometimes, finding one's backbone is key to using the brain to make a decision. It also helps one find the parking brake.

FLYLOW22;2033541 I still can't believe the industry is in such a state that makes SWA look good; service and pay wise.[/QUOTE said:
SWA has excellent customer service. It's actually a joy to fly them, except for their cattle-call boarding process.

SWA has excellent customer service. It's actually a joy to fly them, except for their cattle-call boarding process.

I know. Agree with all you say... but many others used to be better.

It's just amazing how much things have changed for the worse at so many companies.

I've heard a rumor from credible sources that United / Continental have recently offered Delta a bunch of NYC area slots in exchange for some of Delta's DCA slots. Should be interesting...

Latest resources

Back