Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Are airlines headed for bankruptcy again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
United looks they're up against the ropes. How's the going to affect CJC if UAL goes bankrupt?

I doubt the government will allow any large carrier, which has major impact on the economy, to fail--especially with the present state of the economy and the long distance recovery.

Actually, had the government stayed out of the way in the post 9/11 meltdown, a few of the carriers who had strong balance sheets would not have gone into bankruptcy. One particular airline that has a presence in ATL is the best example! Their liquidity was siphoned down the drain due to government protection of at least one airline that should have failed--and maybe will yet.

I doubt the government will allow any large carrier, which has major impact on the economy, to fail--especially with the present state of the economy and the long distance recovery.

I believe that the only airline that would get any government help would be United, for obvious reasons. Ironic, in that United seems to be the one most commonly spoken of to need government help.

Otherwise, I believe that there is quite a bit of bailout 'fatigue' in the general electorate.

I think the only airline that will actually file bankruptcy will be Mesa. Looking at their finances I don't think they'll come out of it unless they make big changes. Plus more importantly the market needs a regional or two to go away, there's too much capacity.

I think the only airline that will actually file bankruptcy will be Mesa. Looking at their finances I don't think they'll come out of it unless they make big changes. Plus more importantly the market needs a regional or two to go away, there's too much capacity.

With RAH transforming itself from a regional to a major, their will be one less regional to overcapacitize the market.

Fail? No. Get bought out...why not?

Although, with the current administration, everyone knows where to go for 'free' handouts.

Latest resources

Back