AQ update?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh don't be so dramatic...

This is just an intent to file....doesn't mean they'll actually do it! Oh god...that was funny....

1. On or about Saturday, October 15, 2005, Debtors will file their
Conditional Motion under 1113(c) of the Bankruptcy Code to reject Aloha’s
collective bargaining agreements with certain labor unions and to approve the
termination of Aloha’s defined benefit pension plans (“the 1113 Motion”).

Any of you HAL guys that have any thoughts, they would be greatly appreciated about now!

dash8driver said:
i'm heading to costco right now.. i hear they are already running short on KY. better get some before they run out! :)
If they do run out, your blood should be all the lube you need.

AQ PILOT said:
This is just an intent to file....doesn't mean they'll actually do it! Oh god...that was funny....

1. On or about Saturday, October 15, 2005, Debtors will file their
Conditional Motion under 1113(c) of the Bankruptcy Code to reject Aloha’s
collective bargaining agreements with certain labor unions and to approve the
termination of Aloha’s defined benefit pension plans (“the 1113 Motion”).

Any of you HAL guys that have any thoughts, they would be greatly appreciated about now!

Well it is time top be dramatic...
Today was just the first step in the process, they wanted to make sure the judge would agree to an expidated hearing before they filled. He did.
The judge granted their motion today to set a hearing date on Oct 28.
If nothing changes, on the 28th the company will present their case for getting rid of the contracts (the 1113C motion) and we will have to present our reason the judge should reject it. Most likely the judge will tell us to go back and make a deal or else.

Make no mistake about it, the company is drawing the line in the sand with todays motion, they are saying you better settle with us before the 28th or we will go to the judge. IMHO, they think we will cave before the 28th. I hope we don't and the other unions don't either.

Sleepyhead said:
Well it is time top be dramatic...
Today was just the first step in the process, they wanted to make sure the judge would agree to an expidated hearing before they filled. He did.
The judge granted their motion today to set a hearing date on Oct 28.
If nothing changes, on the 28th the company will present their case for getting rid of the contracts (the 1113C motion) and we will have to present our reason the judge should reject it. Most likely the judge will tell us to go back and make a deal or else.

Make no mistake about it, the company is drawing the line in the sand with todays motion, they are saying you better settle with us before the 28th or we will go to the judge. IMHO, they think we will cave before the 28th. I hope we don't and the other unions don't either.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Judge Faris tell the AQ mechanics that they'd better "take what ever you can get from the company because it's going to be much better than what you'll get from me" earlier this year? That lead to cutting their workforce in half and still cutting pay and benefits.

This can not end well. Best of luck over there guys.

Actually sleepy, the judge is not expediting the motion. It is set in bk law and can be extended from 14 days to "a period not exceeding seven days where the circumstances of the case, and the interest of justice require such extension". So any look as this as favoritism towards the company by the judge is in my opinion, not correct.

I think Faris has been ok towards labor. Not overly warm, but not as nasty as he could be. These management types put up a pretty good case for how we, the employees, are a cancer to the bottom line. Faris doesn't buy into it all that much. I think he'll give us the same line he gave the HAL guys...go back and negotiate before I do something neither of you likes!

Then again, that is just my opinion. It, and $4 will get you a cup of coffee in Seattle...albeit a small cup....

Latest resources

Back