• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AQ update?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now, I gotta ask... why would we want to settle with the company PERIOD? The Company wants to a$$rape us, and that'd make those Restaurant Row vultures the happiest... Faris on the other hand will most likely say the same thing he said to HAL ALPA - negotiate a settlement or I'll make one that neither party will be happy with.

Well, I don't know about youse, but if I'm DEFINITELY not gonna be happy with the company's a$$raping us, and with Faris deciding - the company won't be happy either.... I'd take the judge ANY day!

AQ PILOT said:
Actually sleepy, the judge is not expediting the motion. It is set in bk law and can be extended from 14 days to "a period not exceeding seven days where the circumstances of the case, and the interest of justice require such extension". So any look as this as favoritism towards the company by the judge is in my opinion, not correct.

I think Faris has been ok towards labor. Not overly warm, but not as nasty as he could be. These management types put up a pretty good case for how we, the employees, are a cancer to the bottom line. Faris doesn't buy into it all that much. I think he'll give us the same line he gave the HAL guys...go back and negotiate before I do something neither of you likes!

Then again, that is just my opinion. It, and $4 will get you a cup of coffee in Seattle...albeit a small cup....

You are correct about the 14 days from the filing to the hearing. However, normally there is a preliminary hearing before the filing of the 1113C. The company's motion on fri to set the date on Oct 28 has eliminated that and therefore expediated the timeframe. It is a tactic, they don't want ALPA to have a lot of time to prepare for the hearing.

Sleepyhead said:
You are correct about the 14 days from the filing to the hearing. However, normally there is a preliminary hearing before the filing of the 1113C. The company's motion on fri to set the date on Oct 28 has eliminated that and therefore expediated the timeframe. It is a tactic, they don't want ALPA to have a lot of time to prepare for the hearing.

They'd also just hate it for fuel to drop another $10 a barrel before they get the chance to ramrod this offer up everybodys keister! Pushing up the timetable is totally in their favor.

If we haven't been preparing already, the game is way over. Preliminary hearing or not, the hearing is exactly when it is supposed to be. Our ALPA guys will be ready, well that is if the ALPA attorneys are spending some time on little old Aloha as opposed to airlines who generate more money to pay Duane....

I've been getting calls from AQ'ers looking for jobs...the bailing has begun, big time...

English said:
I've been getting calls from AQ'ers looking for jobs...the bailing has begun, big time...

Is that really your cat with the lime English? I seen that photo now floating around the net elsewhere.

Murphie is a shaded silver persian.

Look for Harvey coming soon, with a melon helmet.

English said:
Murphie is a shaded silver persian.

Look for Harvey coming soon, with a melon helmet.

If you go to Yahoo and click on the images tab search for "lime cat" he is everywhere.

Aloha's 1113c hearing is scheduled for Fri, 28th.

Let's hope the judge doesn't decide he wants to set a precedent

Latest resources

Back