April/May Training Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

vance

I'm a March DB guy and wanted to know if anyone got called and if so when you interviewed.

Thanks in advance!

April/May Training

I am a March DB and haven’t heard anything yet. The background check is actively being done…received notice from FAA, other carriers, ETC. Rumors go from June/July to as early as May. I am not sure how many in the pool and how many classes are scheduled. Seems to be hard to project. Might be worth the dime to call the PD and see if there is a new projection.

Till then….waiting patiently.

I, too, interviewed in Feb, DB in Mar. A friend who interviewed at the end of Dec said he will probably be in middle class of May. I guess that puts the March DB people somewhere in Jun, end of May if we're lucky.

Summer Class

When do we find out for sure? Do they(SW) give a week notice or a month? You have any idea? Dont want to bother the PD yet....workload must be overwhelming for them.

This is uncharted ground for me....I am not even sure if I am swimming yet.

"in the pool"

It is my understanding that you are in the pool at the end of the background check. You will not get a call or even know it is finished. JB asked me to call back 4 weeks after I talked to her on "the call" day. So here was the timeline:

Dec interview.
Jan 11-12 board.
Jan 17 call.
drug test next day
Feb 14 called back the PD, was told expect class sometime in May and that I was in the pool.
called back in late March for an update, was told still looked like May.
Got the call the next day for April 19 class.

There are a lot of unknowns with the whole process. Not that they are trying to hide anything from you, simply because they can't call for classes until they are actually scheduled with the training center. My notice was about 4 weeks.

If you can find out how many were selected at your DB, that will help. I have heard 3 classes/month for May, June, and July. And there were several Dec interviewees called for the April 19 class. I think there are a few left waiting for possibly the first May class. Good luck. You can guess this thing to death, as you can tell I did. Best advice? Enjoy time with family before you go to class. Good luck and see you in DAL!

Latest resources

Back