April interviews for SWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atp160

Has anyone been called for an April interview yet or are they still calling for March? Previous threads have led me to the conclusion that the majority of individuals called have had there applications in paper form from Feb-Apr of 2002. Just wondering since I've had mine in since Oct 2002. I have seen some being called from just entering applications online Jan 12th. Thanks

Call

Sept 2001 no type so not holding my breath.

January 2002, typed and time in type. Previous interview in 2001. Spoke with L.L. a week ago. Coundn't tell me of any pecking order, since they don't do that anymore. Sounds like the computer must be doing the picking for them, with humans help. Good luck all!

For those of you on furlough or not flying for a living right now, I was informed by L.L. that in order to be competitive and selected for an initial interview, one needs to have a current flying job in addition to the 73 type rating and other requirements. Given the limited options, it is difficult to consider having to commute across the country for an $18,000 a year regional F/O job but if that's what it takes to get a Southwest interview, many of us may have no other choice.

Last edited:
No interviews past March 17?

Fellow SWA Wannabees,

It could be that Southwest wants to evaluate their new LOI segment to the interview process and make changes as necessary following the initial two weeks. Perhaps this is why there appears to be a "pause" in interview calls. It sounds like they "booked" two weeks worth of interviews and then nothing else. Of course, all speculation...

Maybe they just got busy calling the 24 new hires to the March 29th class. I bet the int. call will resume soon.

Or, maybe not.

Juan.

Latest resources

Back