• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

April DB for SWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got the letter too! Dated the day of the DB, post marked 2 two days later. I wonder if it even went to the DB!!!!!!!!! Maybe this really isn't the Airline I want to work for.

letter from Dallas

Got the letter. Current 737 checkairman/line captain, 12500 tt 6500 pic turbine, brothers a pilot there, lots of recs internal and external, no degree, maybe thats it. I was devistated. I will keep trying to get on there, but it really took the wind out of my sails for a while. I wish the best to all those that made it, and all that will try and keep trying. I think its a terriffic company and all, but its hard to look at those orange and blue ones as I taxi by in our -800. I love my job, but still want that one. Might be greedy, but I guess the grass is always greener, right?

Cheers.

fandango

It may take a few days after getting the wind knocked out of ya. Happened to me too. But don't fall into the ranks of "SWA haters" just because the DB didn't pick you. I'm already looking foward to my next shot at it...about 9 months to go. Us 2nd-timers have a better pass rate at SWA...so I've heard.

Kind of makes you want more now...does for me. Keep the faith man.

FINALLY got a call!

Sorry for the guys that recieved letters. I know what you are going through and it sucks. It has taken me six years and four interviews to get in, but being persistant is what it takes. As soon as your year is up, start the updates. I got a call this last time four months after I started updating again.
Keep your head up and remember there is always next time.

To the others that got the call, Congrats.
SEE YOU IN BIG D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know if calls have stopped going out, or has anyone had the phone ring lately??? It seems a bit different this month with calls and letters going out almost simultaneously. Just curious since I'm still waiting with no letter in the mail today and no calls.

I got the letter today. So much for the "military advantage". I've only heard from 2 out of the 11 in my group that were called - rough month. I had thought the interview had gone well. Maybe they saw my posting on Flightinfo that I wanted to work for FEDEX?

Latest resources

Back