• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

April And May Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The ink on my type will have had a whole three years to dry by the time I get to class next month.

When I actually get the call with a definite date, I'll let you all know.

Here comes the 2007 hiring boom, it is on its way

FlyBarneyJets said:
I just spoke with the SWA PD today and they confirmed the three classes in May (to me, anyway...I know it's been talked about here already). The person I spoke with also said that I'd definitely be in the 5/18 class, but that there was a distinct possibility that I could be in the 5/11 class also.

I also asked how many from my interview date (12/14) got hired and I was told that a total of 5 of us made it, but that I'd be first to go to class from that date since I'd had the type longest.

They also confirmed the resumption of interviews starting in May.

Awesome! Can't wait for the Big D!!

ADIOS

All kidding aside, congrats FBJ. You will not be disappointed. I wish I had info to offer but you poolies are more plugged in than I am. You will likely get MDW a couple of months after you complete training.

pilotyip said:
Here comes the 2007 hiring boom, it is on its way

2006 looks pretty good. SWA hiring 400-500, Airtran hiring for the 737, JetBlue hiring for the E-190. Rumor has it Alaska, Continental and many of the cargo guys are hiring too. The big retirements are here. It gets good when more than 2 or 3 carriers are hiring at once. The trend really feeds on itself and a lot can happen quickly.

The only bad part (for furloughees) is the reduction of airplanes for the big three.

Put your apps in now!

Boeing,

Thanks for the congrats, but above all, thanks for changing your avatar from that freaky green guy! :)

Barney

Last edited:
Class Date

GC,

Congrats on the class date. And congrats to all those going to SWA, AirTran, JB.......

Thinking back, the ink on my type had 2 yrs. 5 mos. to dry before I had a class! And that's going back to the early '90s. See, things aren't so bad.

regards,

Juan

Spoke with SWA PD the other day. They said that the calls for the 4 May class will be going out until this Friday. Then the phone calls for the 11 May class will be going out next week. IMHO I think most of the 9 Dec interview folks will be starting 11 May (just a timeframe for everyone...). Counting the days...!!!

Got a call today for the May 4th class...that's makes at least two of us from the 12/7 interview group...hope that helps somebody!

Congrats FBJ. Enjoy Texas.

Dec 6,7,8,9,10,13,14,15,16,17:
Jan 10,11,12,13,17,18,19,20,24,25,26,27:
Feb 7,8,9,10,14,15,16,17,21,22,23,24:

Latest resources

Back