April 9th Shuttle America class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
kboy said:
Borris, if you get sent to the sim in houston, can I call your girlfriend.

Of course! 1-800-GET-STDS. Say hi for me! :D

deadstick said:
Kids these days....

I said RELATIVELY. Incidentally, training has begun and there is as yet no word on where we'll be doing systems and sim. It doesn't look like it's based on seniority, at least so far. I am impressed by the experience level and gray-beardedness of (most) of the guys here. I guess the bottom of the barrel is not yet being scraped. Makes me feel young and virile! Anyone have a girlfriend in IND...

I said RELATIVELY. Incidentally, training has begun and there is as yet no word on where we'll be doing systems and sim. It doesn't look like it's based on seniority, at least so far. I am impressed by the experience level and gray-beardedness of (most) of the guys here. I guess the bottom of the barrel is not yet being scraped. Makes me feel young and virile! Anyone have a girlfriend in IND...

Back when I was learning to fly, there were radios made by Cessna and they only got 360 channels. The radios were "digital" because we used our digits to change the frequencies. The only "glass" on the panel were on the faces of the little round instruments. Our entertainment was listening to the Cubbies on the ADF. We had TCA's, ARSA's, ATA's, and PCA. Did the folks Campbells soup come up with this new stuff? Lorans was the hot stuff and nobody had it installed in the rental aircraft.

That's the way it was AND WE LIKED IT!!!

deadstick: I flew freight. LORAN? I had a LORAN once. It had a 1991 database, and I considered that plane the Cadillac of the Fleet.

deadstick: I flew freight. LORAN? I had a LORAN once. It had a 1991 database, and I considered that plane the Cadillac of the Fleet.

It was a lot easier than making your own RNAV direct routes.:laugh: The KNS80 was a nice box (no comment). I got to fly a plane to Corpus a couple of years ago, and it had a good ol' Northstar M1 LORAN. I think it took me 100 nm to figure out how to change chains. How about those Argus moving maps?

WE NEED YOU!

welcome.

bid the sim in stl not YUL, YUL IS not cool. STL much better

Yeah STL Rocks!!! NOT!!

A beer there is about 6 bucks. I dont like expensive beer.

Yeah... 6 bucks.... of course that's canadian money so pretty much about 68cents US.... And if you don't want to pay that, don't drink at the hotel bar... Thought you would of figured that out by now.... Heck, go to the pink palace, pay less for the beer and much better scenery:blush: ....

Or take the company car and goto the grocery store and fill your mini-fridge.... that works in any country!!!

How many newhires are in this class? Post it here when you know.

Thanks

Heck, go to the pink palace, pay less for the beer and much better scenery:blush: ....

im not even going to start on all of the scam jobs that place has pulled over on you fools. the 10 dollar lap dance that turns into $50 by the end of it and that giagantic bouncer in the corner will promptly collect from your american ass, MR new Captain turns a cryin Btch beggin for money from the FO,

just happened the other day to some guy, YUL SUCKS! i have never met someone that likes it there, cant believe you are defending it.

Latest resources

Back