• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Applying to UPS/FEDEX with exp FE written

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
went to airinc in DCA and asked this exact question to an "interviewing" pilot and he said it was fine that it was expired. They get a waiver from the SDF FSDO. Dont waste the time, money or effort.

went to airinc in DCA and asked this exact question to an "interviewing" pilot and he said it was fine that it was expired. They get a waiver from the SDF FSDO. Dont waste the time, money or effort.

I really, really want to work there but I'm not going to waste my time, money, or effort to try. What are you trying to tell a potential future employer?

Unbelievable! You need do what it takes to stand out from the rest to get hired. If that means taking a FE written again, I'd be the first in line.

Last edited:
Took the written in 1999 and it expired in 2001, but I have been with a 121 carrier since 2000. From what I understand the written exam results are still valid since being employed with a 121. Does UPS / FEDEX count this or do they still want results w/n a 2 year period?

Just wait till you get on at CAL or for UAL and DAL to start hiring. You are obviously the type that will fit in well there. Too f-ing lazy to take an easy written test to try and get a job at the two most desirable airlines in the world to work for. UFB!!!

I really, really want to work there but I'm not going to waste my time, money, or effort to try. What are you trying to tell a potential future employer?

Unbelievable! You neet do what it takes to stand out from the rest to get hired. If that means taking a FE written again, I'd be the first in line.

I gotta agree with you here. This is probably the same type of person that will make no effort but b!tch and moan about how everyone else is "taking" his job and how he "deserves it" just because he may have 6000 hours not once thinking that the people getting the jobs are busting their a$$ to get them.

Last edited:
Come on, everyone. Let's not beat these folks up too bad. Just because some will leave potential stones unturned in their quest for employment at UPS/FDX will allow others who are doing EVERYTHING that they can to get hired a better shot at getting hired. :rolleyes:

(This was my attempt at sarcastic humor. I agree with capt., FDXer, and I can't believe I'm going to say this, but TheGuat as well. :0 )

"went to airinc in DCA and asked this exact question to an "interviewing" pilot and he said it was fine that it was expired. They get a waiver from the SDF FSDO. Dont waste the time, money or effort." Skippy

Called my friend at OKC fsdo; there’s no such thing as “a waiver from FEX written expiration.”

If you’ve been gone from a 121 gig for more than 24 hours, it is NOT valid, no exceptions. He said that the part 121 FE written “carry-over rule” (that’s what he called it) initially was meant for people who were working for a company and who one day would have to move to a different position WITHIN the same company. The feds never anticipated that people would be “taking their 5 year old FE written exams with them to a new company"; however, since they unintentionally created a loophole people are now using it. Nevertheless, not sure why you were told that they have a “waiver” for the currency since there is no such thing.

Btw, anyone going to an interview risking a multi-million dollar career just so he/she can skip retaking a written exam is, in my mind, extremely unwise.

“Dont waste the time, money or effort.” Maybe it was their way of telling you not to waste their time???

Latest resources

Back