• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

applying to Airtran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can also apply through Airline Apps which, if you pay the fee, you can also submit a resume...

I'd suggest submitting a resume with an internal (AirTran) recommendation letter, AND/or go meet 'em at a jobfair.

When asked to interview, they had asked if I had filled out the online application yet. Kinda tells me they haven't checked the online system.

Rumor has it they are working on implementing a software solution for them to be able to effectively sort the online apps. I don't think they are there yet.

Good luck.

JimGlasair3 said:
I'd suggest submitting a resume with an internal (AirTran) recommendation letter, AND/or go meet 'em at a jobfair.
ONE of the above is absolutely 110% REQUIRED to get an interview.

SG has changed how she selects people and who she interviews. If you'll look at the latest interview list in ops, you'll notice that OVER HALF are NOT internal recommendations, but rather purely AIR, Inc selectees.

This means the glass window that you "MUST" know someone here has just been shattered... don't know if that will continue or not.

When asked to interview, they had asked if I had filled out the online application yet. Kinda tells me they haven't checked the online system.
They ask because, when you come to interview, they will print up your application and make you sign it during your interview. This also functions as your statement that everything you have posted is absolutely correct.

Later, when they do your background check, this is the document they will use. If something is drastically different (you failed to disclose a DUI or a checkride failure), they will use it to terminate you while you're in training.

Remember, airTran doesn't do your background check UNTIL YOU ARE IN TRAINING. This means, if you lie, you'll get the boot and you'll have already left your other job.

No, I don't know why they do it this way. No, I don't think they do it to deliberately screw with people, I simply *think* they don't want to waste the cost/effort of a background check on someone who interviews 1 or 2 other places at the same time then never shows up to class because they went to SWA / CAL / FDX, etc.

Rumor has it they are working on implementing a software solution for them to be able to effectively sort the online apps. I don't think they are there yet.
Haven't heard that one yet, but anything is possible.

Good luck.
Absolutely! :beer:

Lear70 said:
ONE of the above is absolutely 110% REQUIRED to get an interview.

SG has changed how she selects people and who she interviews. If you'll look at the latest interview list in ops, you'll notice that OVER HALF are NOT internal recommendations, but rather purely AIR, Inc selectees.

This means the glass window that you "MUST" know someone here has just been shattered... don't know if that will continue or not.

They ask because, when you come to interview, they will print up your application and make you sign it during your interview. This also functions as your statement that everything you have posted is absolutely correct.

Later, when they do your background check, this is the document they will use. If something is drastically different (you failed to disclose a DUI or a checkride failure), they will use it to terminate you while you're in training.

Remember, airTran doesn't do your background check UNTIL YOU ARE IN TRAINING. This means, if you lie, you'll get the boot and you'll have already left your other job.

No, I don't know why they do it this way. No, I don't think they do it to deliberately screw with people, I simply *think* they don't want to waste the cost/effort of a background check on someone who interviews 1 or 2 other places at the same time then never shows up to class because they went to SWA / CAL / FDX, etc.

Haven't heard that one yet, but anything is possible.

Absolutely! :beer:

I have to say Stephanie and the other folks that talked with me during the Air Inc Conference took a lot of time to review my resume, ask questions and TALK to me. Kind of felt it was a pre screening meet n greet..so from what they tell me the Air Inc meeting counts for a lot...that and FED EX are the reasons I went....hoping for a call from Airtran...so I can leave Delta. Yes..I said it.

dtfl said:
I have to say Stephanie and the other folks that talked with me during the Air Inc Conference took a lot of time to review my resume, ask questions and TALK to me. Kind of felt it was a pre screening meet n greet..so from what they tell me the Air Inc meeting counts for a lot...that and FED EX are the reasons I went....hoping for a call from Airtran...so I can leave Delta. Yes..I said it.

Air Inc worked for me. I did not know anyone at AirTran. Went to Air Inc conf and presented my resume to the Capt who was there. Had a great chat, he expressed genuine interest. Took about 2 months to get a call for an interview.
When I was interviewing, I met some folks who knew other folks whom I had worked with in the past (and who I knew would give me a good recommendation). I think this helped me get the job offer.
Online App is also a must. I filled that out about 2 months prior to Air Inc conference. I seem to recall that SG had a copy at the interview and asked for pen/ink updates to times etc.

You need to call if you on the list... apparently.. if you on the list as of 'now'.. you have been approved by the lofty group in Orlando.. VP Flight Ops.

Not sure bout june..?? I'd call anyway.. if you have buds on the inside, I would have them give SG a jingle.. 2 cents..

I understand that there has been a personell change for the better in HR. Things should gradually improve and become more standard and logical.. Thank goodness !!

mnboyev said:
You need to call if you on the list... apparently.. if you on the list as of 'now'.. you have been approved by the lofty group in Orlando.. VP Flight Ops.

Not sure bout june..?? I'd call anyway.. if you have buds on the inside, I would have them give SG a jingle.. 2 cents..

I understand that there has been a personell change for the better in HR. Things should gradually improve and become more standard and logical.. Thank goodness !!

Agreed.

Hey Whiz, I was on the approved list and waited about three months for a call. The xmas holidays may have played a role. Once I interviewed, I got a call three days later to start class 7 days after that.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but things have been slow for June and July but are supposed to pick up now. Good luck and Hang in there

Latest resources

Back