• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Apply with 350tt 50multi?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've got a commercial driver's license and some 18-wheeler experience. Think I can get an SJS job too?

As for the AF 777 FO part of this thread, it is entirely possible that said 300-hour FO is sitting in the 777. Pre-9/11, I got to sit up in the cockpit of an Asian airline's 747-400. The Capt. was in the top 10 seniority numbers. The cruise FO (3rd pilot) was busy doing over-water charts and such. He looked young, so I inquired. He had 250 hours total and had just come on-line from their training. This company put new-hires with their COMM/ME/Instr. and 250 hours into the 3rd pilot position on a long-haul heavy for six months. After that experience (duty-free shopping instruction), they return to their home country to be a domestic FO on whatever they fly short-haul. A319/B737/ATR42, etc.

Gotcha. So you really think they'd be cool with me wanting to wait for a class date? The soonest I could take one would be like May 14th.

-Goose

Goose,
Seems we're in the same boat. I applied a couple weeks ago. They fired back with interview dates ranging from this week to the last week in April. You could always choose a later date. I also have commitments I'd like to honor at my current job IF the interview goes well. Good Luck!

Goose,
Seems we're in the same boat. I applied a couple weeks ago. They fired back with interview dates ranging from this week to the last week in April. You could always choose a later date. I also have commitments I'd like to honor at my current job IF the interview goes well. Good Luck!

'Sup D2M,

Yeah, I think we were chattin' about that before. Good to know. I'm going to get my app in within the next week. Maybe I'll see ya down there! Best of luck in the interview!! I might have to bother you for a gouge when you're done.

-Goose

Noone at Air France is put in the 777 with 300 hours, the starting aircraft is the A319 320 in which they do put guys with that kind of time.

they stay a minimum of 6 years as FO on the small bus then they can choose to move as FO on the wide body.

just wanted to clarify.

Let me just clarify because I may have been a little vague and didn't provide enough information. They do put guys with 300 hours in the 777, but as safety pilots or augmented crew. They do qualify them in the airplane fully (in the sim) and then allow them to operate as augmented crew/safety pilot.

Hi!

Official mins at Pinnacle (& USA Jet):
Comm-MEL
Inst-Airplane

Note: NO HOURLY MINS are listed.

GO FOR IT!

cliff
SHV

I can tell you this much: there are definitely airlines that would hire you with your time. I can also tell you that there were people in my new hire class at Trans States with as little as 300TT and about 20ME. They will hire people with very low time. As for Expressjet (my current employer) they will not take people with less than 600TT and 100ME. Period. You may hear otherwise, but I was just speaking to my friend who works in the HR (the guy who calls/emails with interview invitations) department last night about this. So... you could say that its about as reliable info as one can get. XJT interns are the only exception. They only need 500TT and 100ME. From what I hear, Pinnacle and ASA are also hiring low timers as well, although I cannot offer firsthand knowledge of these companies. Hope that helps! Good Luck!

I know for a fact ExpressJet hires below that time! 2 of my friends had less than that and got hired.

Latest resources

Back