Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bathing510

Dear all,

I am new to this forum. I am just wondering has anyone applied for Virgin America and was invited to an on-site interview?

I have been working with handling companies with international airlines, thinking to join a bigger company. Any advices?

Many people have asked that same question and I have yet to see a person on here who interviewed.

Unfortunately all your going to get are people who will bash VA and anyone interested...

I got called for a telephone interview, then never heard a darn thing afterwords. There are a couple other people in my office that had the same experience.

I don't think they are really hiring yet.

bathing510 said:
Propsarebest,

May I know where are you working at now?
When did you have the phone interview? I had it in mid March.

I currently work for a 121 regional based in the west...

I got called in early March, don't remember when though.

I graduated from school 2 years ago, and all I have been working is with international airlines, which I do not have much (any) control on the flight plan.

I absolutely want a job where I can actually plan the flight plan.

stephen1158 said:
I saw where they were hiring and I sent an email to them with my info and never heard anything..

Are you working as a dispatcher now? I only work as a dispatcher for about 1 1/2 years.

From what I heard, they got about 100+ applications.

I just wonder what will happen if for one day FAA does not require dispatcher to dispatch flights anymore.

Where are you working now? I have been trying to move to a regional or domestic airline. Got called by Jeppesen and NetJet just after graduated, but was not able to get the proper paper work (was an international student back then).

I never feel like I am really a dispatcher when I have no control on the flight plan. Can anyone tell me how life is in regional or domestic airlines?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back