Application Employment History Section

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SkiFishFly

A couple of questions for any HR types or former Navy TACAIR folks.

Is it acceptable to simply list US Navy - 20 years with your current/last command as the poc in the employment history section?

How do others approach the employment history section?

Is it preferred that applicants list each command?

Several commands I have been in have moved, etc. None of the supervisors would still be around (everybody moves on every 3-4 years). I could find and list a number for the command admin dept but in all likelihood the young sailor who answers the phone would have no way of knowing if/when I was in the command.

Just curious how others fill out this section and which method is preferred by HR depts.

Thanks for the assist.

Need it all, IMHO

SkiFishFly said:
A couple of questions for any HR types or former Navy TACAIR folks.

Is it acceptable to simply list US Navy - 20 years with your current/last command as the poc in the employment history section?

How do others approach the employment history section?

Is it preferred that applicants list each command?

Several commands I have been in have moved, etc. None of the supervisors would still be around (everybody moves on every 3-4 years). I could find and list a number for the command admin dept but in all likelihood the young sailor who answers the phone would have no way of knowing if/when I was in the command.

Just curious how others fill out this section and which method is preferred by HR depts.

Thanks for the assist.

Sorry, but, I think you need to list each assignment/base as a seperate job. Your going to need the references from each of those places so start now, rather than later. And don't list the phone of the place, track down the guy you worked for/with, thats who they want to talk to, not an admin type, unless they knew you:)

It's not easy.

Latest resources

Back