App at NetJets -A few questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

da10driver

I recently email my resume and cover letter to pilot recruiment at NetJets. It has been about 8 or 10 days.(Although, it has been the Holiday) I am wondering how long it usually takes to get the app. in the mail. Also, being that I don't have any inside contacts, wondering what are my chances of getting interview without someone walking in it? Any NetJets guys/gals out there mind contacting me so I can ask a few questions?

I have not applied with anyone else, ever. I am 37 years old, and only want to do this once. Since there is no doubt that NetJets is here to stay, I am wanting to make a career there.. I have been watching NetJets for a couple of years, and things look like they are really improving after the new contract. Up til now, could'nt afford to take the step because I would be taking a pretty good pay cut out of my current flying position.

Any inside help and info is much appreicated...Thanks again, Jim

Jim,

You should be receiving the application real soon if you meet their mins.

I emailed my coverletter and resume, and got the app in about a week. Remember......it's Christmas/New Years week, and the post office is a zoo right now.

Patience young grasshopper.........

Thanks for the reply..I understand with the Holidays and all. I was hoping to get in before today. I am heading out for St. Maartens tomorrow(the boss wants to spend New Years there) and won't be back until the 5th. Wanted the app with me so I could spend the down time filling it out. Oh well, guess I'll just have to spend the time at the beaches!! Thanks again for the reply...Jim

da10driver said:
Thanks for the reply..I understand with the Holidays and all. I was hoping to get in before today. I am heading out for St. Maartens tomorrow(the boss wants to spend New Years there) and won't be back until the 5th. Wanted the app with me so I could spend the down time filling it out. Oh well, guess I'll just have to spend the time at the beaches!! Thanks again for the reply...Jim

It took 2 weeks for me to recieve the app. I sent the e-mail with resume at the end of November and recieved the app. on the 12th. It only took a few hours, the flight time grid is a pain, and there are things like getting your Motor Vehicle Record from the DMV and getting some form notorized.

Good luck, enjoy St. Maartan.

da10

I got my pack around 10 days from sending my resume in. Right now I'm waiting on getting may state driving record before I can send it in. I suggest you go ahead and get that.

Thanks for the heads up Plug and Sky King..I'll start getting that stuff together.....Good luck on your interviews as well!!! I know that NJ is going to be a great place to work. I've been in 91 ops for quite a while now, and I am looking forward to a job that I know will be there in the future, where I can make long term plans, like retirement, etc.

Also look forward to finally having a schedule again, where I know I have time off to do things with the family, etc. In the past two years, I have cancelled two vacations and pissed off the wife and kids because the boss wanted to go somewhere at the last minute. Not bitching, cause that is part of the corporate world, just look forward to something a little more set!!

Thanks again, all!!!! Jim

SkyKing - leaving SW for the fractionals??? Very good choice in my opinion. I did 6 yeras there and loved it but wouldn't go back considering the expansion. (Still waiting on an interview)

Baja

For those applying to NJA----I understand that the Company is going to be adhere to the 5 Domicile rule as outlined in the contract. TEB, CMH, PBI, DAL, LAX. If you live around these places you're golden....if not, you may have to move if you want the job.

Looks like the door has been shut.

DO-82 driver said:
For those applying to NJA----I understand that the Company is going to be adhere to the 5 Domicile rule as outlined in the contract. TEB, CMH, PBI, DAL, LAX. If you live around these places you're golden....if not, you may have to move if you want the job.

Looks like the door has been shut.

Even further, one of the check airmen doing interviews posted on our board that the company will begin assigning whatever domicile THEY want regardless of where the newhire lives.

Can you imagine getting hired, living in DAL and being told they were assigned TEB??

but remember we were told, "that's how the airlines do it."

Yeah the airlines also have a thing called jumpseat privileges.

Just goes to show the company really can't think outside of CMH.

Latest resources

Back