Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

APDL - Will it ever be fixed, let alone perfected?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FishandFly

After paying $65 for APDL (palm pilot logbook) is anyone else annoyed that this program sucks? Not only are the design and features ancient, there has not been a single update for 2 years. Why not address the numerous "simple logical changes" that the program desperately needs.

My new issue came up 6 months ago when I started following my pay closely. APDL's calculated pay is severely flawed, and showed me making continually less money once I go above guarantee.

I filed a ticket, they responded that they were working on it over the course of the next month and ended up saying they can replicate the problem, but don't know how to fix it.

Maybe they will just sell it to another software engineer who cares about his customer base.

If there are any software engineers out there that will design a new palm logbook (even one that just imports to a pc's excel program) I'll be in line to give you my money. Rant done, apdl sucks.

Just wait until you see how much they try to get you to pay when it comes time to print up your logbook! $250 to print and an additional $200 to have it expedited!!!:puke:

I just use it like the old paper logbook...just to keep track of flight time. Print off a pay sheet and a month from APDL and compare to figure out your pay.

I looked into them printing my logbook, I went to OfficeMax bought a laser printer and printed my logbook, had OfficeMax bind it...and viola! A nice logbook for less than $100.

My favorite is going from Palm to Windows Mobile.

The old owner didn't charge you since the programs were identical. The Logbook Pro people want to charge you $65 again! Absolutely terrible, because like you said, there hasn't been any updates for over 2 years.

The only update that they've made in the last few years is changing the importer software. Conveniently now it locks you into Logbook Pro to import your data... before you could export it into Excel.

I guess when you can't compete, you just try to lock your users in and hope they don't leave. That only works for so long before somebody discovers an opportunity.

I've used both Logbook pro and APDL and now I just use a paper logbook.

Too much hassle and on an interview they want a hard copy anyway.

I just use it like the old paper logbook...just to keep track of flight time. Print off a pay sheet and a month from APDL and compare to figure out your pay.

I looked into them printing my logbook, I went to OfficeMax bought a laser printer and printed my logbook, had OfficeMax bind it...and viola! A nice logbook for less than $100.

I export mine and send it to Kinko's. They print it and bind it. Looks good for $30.

I also submitted a ticket regarding pay rates for specific aircraft. Ex: One can estab. a specific rate of pay in the setup section, but when trying to estab. a specific rate of pay for a variant aircraft (CRJ-200/700/900) the program only allows a TWO digit payrate.

APDL's response to me? Um...yeah...we know, but it does what we said it will do, so there is really no need to fix it.

There are ZERO upgrades planned for this program. None.

I would NOT recommend this program to anyone.

Glad to see this thread. It's about time some negative press came their way. I can only hope it will have a motivating effect on them.

I was much more impressed with the program before LogbookPro bought it.

Latest resources

Back