Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

APDL - Will it ever be fixed, let alone perfected?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
APDL/LogBook Pro Problem

Here's another one I can't figure out or get help for: I got a new laptop and installed LP and the APDL Palm OS PDA license. After importing the old logbook file to the new laptop, the system won't show any data past the end of January 2008. My desktop had a backup with the current data and after transferring that file (with data through August), the frigging new installation still won't show any data after the end of January 2008.

New solution: log all flights on the back of Starbuck receipts, staple each months together and put them in a yearly envelope. Cost: $0.00. Accuracy: better than Logbook Pro. Aggravation level: 0.

So long Logbook Pro

Does that program require a yearly subscription?

Can you import your monthly schedule from crewtrac?

Will it keep track of 30/7 issues? How about rest requirements?

No yearly subscription and updates are free, except for major updates (only every few years)

You can import your schedule using a CSV format. I don't know if your company provides that. It's possible as it's provided at my company.

It does not keep track of rest requirements, etc. Although I hear they are working on it since it is such a requested thing.

It also syncs beautifully between the Mac and iPhone without needing to plug in.

Here's another one I can't figure out or get help for: I got a new laptop and installed LP and the APDL Palm OS PDA license. After importing the old logbook file to the new laptop, the system won't show any data past the end of January 2008. My desktop had a backup with the current data and after transferring that file (with data through August), the frigging new installation still won't show any data after the end of January 2008.

New solution: log all flights on the back of Starbuck receipts, staple each months together and put them in a yearly envelope. Cost: $0.00. Accuracy: better than Logbook Pro. Aggravation level: 0.

So long Logbook Pro

Sounds like you have a filter set.

Did you contact their support? They have always been able to help me when I had a problem?

The first descent program that comes out for the iphone/itouch and im chucking APDL.

From what I have seen, APDL is still the best thing out there. I have looked into the Iphone and personally don't like it. My captain had one and let me try it. The darn thing crashed 3 times in 30 minutes. I am much more impressed with the Blackberry's.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back