• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FoxHunter

APAAD News

New Age 65 House Bill: H.R. 1125
A new bipartisan House bill was introduced Friday February 16, 2007. It kicked off with the following co sponsors:

H.R. 1125 – Original Cosponsors with Rep. Robin Hayes (R-NC)

1. Rep. John Mica (R-FL) – Ranking Member, Aviation Subcommittee,

2. Rep. Corrine Brown (D-CA) – Member Aviation Subcommittee, Chair, Railroads Subcommittee

3. Rep Robert "Bud" Cramer (D-AL) -

4. Rep. G.K. Butterfield (D-NC)

5. Rep. Thaddeus McCotter (R-MI)

6. Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-TX)

7. Rep. Mike McIntyre (D-NC)

8. Rep. Michael McCaul (R-TX)

9. Rep. Julia Carson (D-IN) – Member T&I

10. Rep. Mel Watt (D-NC)

We now have legislation in play in both houses of Congress.

Last edited:
Boy thats a powerhouse group if I ever saw one!

The rule is going to change, but every day it doesn't some crusty "me me me" a-hole is put out to pasture. Before too much longer you will be one of them Fox... And that is funny!!

you know i really do feel for you! But everytime you have that little "thumbs up" icon on your post i change my mind and will be raising my glass when you finally hang em up.

New Age 65 House Bill: H.R. 1125
A new bipartisan House bill was introduced Friday February 16, 2007. It kicked off with the following co sponsors:

H.R. 1125 – Original Cosponsors with Rep. Robin Hayes (R-NC)

1. Rep. John Mica (R-FL) – Ranking Member, Aviation Subcommittee,

2. Rep. Corrine Brown (D-CA) – Member Aviation Subcommittee, Chair, Railroads Subcommittee

3. Rep Robert "Bud" Cramer (D-AL) -

4. Rep. G.K. Butterfield (D-NC)

5. Rep. Thaddeus McCotter (R-MI)

6. Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-TX)

7. Rep. Mike McIntyre (D-NC)

8. Rep. Michael McCaul (R-TX)

9. Rep. Julia Carson (D-IN) – Member T&I

10. Rep. Mel Watt (D-NC)

We now have legislation in play in both houses of Congress.

who the heck is 'we' (yes, i know the grammar is messy)? seems a bit presumptious that you speak for us all. i have no desire to fly to age 65.

"We" are all the other blue haired ego centrists who couldn't keep it in our pants thru out our careers. That's why, despite the fact that we're 747 Captains, we still can't afford to quit. We have Ex-wives, young kids from our recent flight attendent flings, multiple mortagages, airplanes, boats, those "investments" that Stevie Wonder could see would fail... all that. In a nutshell, "WE" are the collective irresponsible, financial illiterates. Obviously, there is no helping us. "WE" have had every advantage and still managed to F up our retirment years. Now, "WE" need you younger guys to pull our their wallets and fix it for us.

In 5 years, we'll be screaming bloody murder to fly to 70, 5 years after that, 75. So on and so on. Of course, it's all about "safety"...that's why we are FEDERALLY MANDATED to have a baby sitter under age 60 to watch us and make sure we don't have a "senior moment" on short final. Real Safe.

Hey Foxhunter, can I have a piece of your retirement cake when FDX serves it up,,,,,,,,,,,when, in 5 months or so!:)

Oh, I forgot, you're hoping on having your cake and eating it too.

Last edited:
Julia Carson is the best argument yet against changing the rule. She was corrupt when she ran the Center Township Trustee's office (overcharging the county for clothes bought from a friend's business, for example) but wasn't touched because she was less corrupt than her predecessor.

She makes the last years of Strom Thurmond look like he was on the ball... TC

All indications are the new rule will NOT be retroactive so if your birthday falls one day early, you'll be S O L. Can't wait to read the whining on that.....

Latest resources

Back