• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

APA Tells AMR "Sorry, No Soup For You"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ewoks are starting to thump the storm troopers.

Vader isn't happy with the report from the surface of the forest moon.

Ha, they called off talks due to company threat to sue... APA either has brass basketballs or Shiite for brains. But in any case they rock.

How's an injunction going to stop sick calls and MX write ups? If you're sick you can't fly. If it's broke, you can't go.
Doctors note could be required. Insubordination could be charged. MX writeups can be tracked with pinpoint accuracy to identify those who want to make themselves targets.

If a union bought back a job (or 1500) , they would be in the precarious position of admitting they were responsible for the job action even if they made formal statements to the contrary.

Bottom Line- this is serious business and not your father's labor relations. Make sure you trust those you elect to lead you through the rice paddy.

Last edited:
When people are looking at losing out on a $50 million check NOT being deposited in their bank account, they get cranky.

This is very early in the game.

AMR mangement doesn't care if people's lives are ruined, careers are ruined or if a few die, they want their money.

At the, ahem, "urging" of the membership, the APA BOD is holding the line. We'll see how things go. But I will tell you, with the FAA crawling all over the place, I will not be leaving the gate with a thread of carpeting out of place.

Neither I nor the mechanics are interested in losing our licenses just so management gets their $500 Million payout.

TC

When people are looking at losing out on a $50 million check NOT being deposited in their bank account, they get cranky.

AMR mangement doesn't care if people's lives are ruined, careers are ruined or if a few die, they want their money.

At the, ahem, "urging" of the membership, the APA BOD is holding the line. We'll see how things go. But I will tell you, with the FAA crawling all over the place, I will not be leaving the gate with a thread of carpeting out of place.

Neither I nor the mechanics are interested in losing our licenses just so management gets their $500 Million payout.

TC

EXCELLENT post. Good luck to AA pilots.

TC

That's the only way you can look at it.

Whoreton and his cronies have put all AA crew members there. They don't get it.

This is why Horeton finally signed the NDA with Parker. He screwed the pooch with the exit strategy and is afraid he won't get all that juicy exit money. Now he is blackmailing the creditors board, by allowing AA's assets to languish and jerking around APA, hoping to get a better payout from a pre-bankruptcy merger with Airways.

Latest resources

Back