• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

APA Proposal Posted

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Understood, but I think we both know that many people, myself included, fear the problem goes deeper than a seatbelt.

However, we are discussing this on the other thread, so I'll leave you guys to your thread.

P.S.
I've also straightened many a seatbelt! I've been at three different ALPA carriers, and the vast majority of the pilots at each were always willing to go the extra mile. Despite the rantings of many on this board, don't believe that the Delta pilots are too arrogant to lend a hand. We care about our airline and our customers just as much as anyone else.

FlyDeltasJets said:
Despite the rantings of many on this board, don't believe that the Delta pilots are too arrogant to lend a hand.

Actually, I didn't believe so. But there's always the vocal exception. I just don't particularly like being accused of "lowering the bar" for just that kind of assistance. 'Nuff said.

I would like to answer, but your avatar scares me too much.

STOP LOOKING AT ME!!!

WHY WON'T YOU BLINK?!!

BLINK, DAMMIT!!!!

AAAAGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Sleepy,

I think you are wrong. I just read on the good ole Dalpa net that our VP of Flt ops---Joe Kolshack---said in LA two days ago at a roadshow that he definitely could see our furloughs flying 70 seaters to 100 seaters----stationed at different areas around the nation (ie hubs). The costs might actually be lower, due to the fact that the current furlough has 2-4 years with the company, and the Comair Capt rate for 2-4 Capt's would be lower than the current Comair Capt on the RJ70 that is probably in his 15th year etc. Just watch.

As far as Delta going bankrupt---you also forget that Leo and other managers have another reason not to let Delta slip into Chap 11----and it is called 800,000 options for Leo. He and the others will lose even more if they go into Chap 11. Also, our cash position is better than most others, and we are going to receive federal aid soon that will help. The War will be over soon, and summer flying will be huge--atleast domestically. We are not in dire straits---and we also have another ace in the hole---all of the other employees that do not have unions (16,000 flt attend, 10,000 mechanics, 20,000 ramp and ticket counter people etc) can be given a pay cut if the company chooses. That is a great power to have when times get even tougher. And, our pilots will give some back, too.

Bye Bye----General Lee:cool: :rolleyes: ;)

General Lee said:
As far as Delta going bankrupt---you also forget that Leo and other managers have another reason not to let Delta slip into Chap 11----and it is called 800,000 options for Leo. He and the others will lose even more if they go into Chap 11.

Just an observation: Don Carty also has mega-millions tied in to AMR stock. The BOD ordered him to take AMR into Chapter 11 on Monday afternoon. Only a delay in securing DIP financing prevented it from happening -- and then the APA came to an agreement.

TWA Dude,

Just some observations:

1.Delta didn't buy a debt-ridden airline like TWA.

2.Delta has more cash on hand (most borrowed) than any other
Major---cash is king

3. Delta only has ONE union--ALPA---and can cut costs at any
other employee group without asking

4. We do not have hardly any exposure to the SARS epidemic in
ASIA---because we dumped most of our Asian routes except
1 flt---ATL-NRT. AA, NW, and UAL are hurting---the picture of
the AA 777 at SJC airport with a quarentine (SP?) doesn't help

5. We have plenty of CRAF flying to cover our Europe shortfalls,
as does AA and UAL

6. We have more RJ's and flexibility than any other airline

7. We have a plan to fight the LCC's, and will start flying it April
15th---well ahead of any major--and AA still doesn't have a
plan. Yes, our LCC name does suck--but the plan is solid

8. The War will be over soon---we are taking Baghdad Intl airport
right now

9. We will get some sort of aid from the Gov't---and it will help
somewhat--which is better than nothing--it all adds up on the
bottom line

10. Our stock price is higher than any other major (except SW),
which helps with our market cap.

I am not trying to to put anyone down here, but rather stating that while Chap 11 could come into play here at Delta, we are far better off than most airlines. Yes, our leadership didn't help the situation with the $$$ deals, but never the less we are better positioned than most.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: ;) :p :cool:

General Lee,

Yes, today of course DAL is in much better shape than the others. The point was that if it comes to it Mullin would take DAL into Chap 11 regardless of his personal financial stake. I wish y'all the best but I wouldn't bet that DAL pilots keep making 40% more than the rest for very long.

TWA dude,

There is no way we will make 40% more than anyone else. Those days are over. But, we won't give anything away unless it is proven that we need to. But, we will give some back---no doubt.

Bye Bye--General Lee:( :rolleyes:

eglpilot said:
I don't think that APA should get 100% of our Capt. vacancies. one for one may work. I am going on four years with eagle and don't see an upgrade in sight. I am sure our MEC will vote this down.

Dude, I think you need to reexamine this statement in the context of what's going on in the world and at your company. We're at war, your employer is teetering on BK and thousand of AMR pilots are on the street. Everyone at AA is moving backward and taking a huge paycut if they're among the lucky to keep a job.

AMR/APA negotiated this TA as the framework for a restructuring. What that means to you is that without the flowback, this TA fails and the company files an 1113(e) in BK to negate your contractual provisions that interfere with the implimentation and you get it rammed down your throat. This TA passes and you get similar flowback provisions bet get to keep what little contractual protections you have. So, if it passes, your worst case scenario will be stagnation with furlough protection. If it fails, kiss the furlough protection goodbye in BK

The reason that what you'll see structurally is similar pass or fail, is that this restructuring is part of AMR's business plan now and it is fundamental to the terms of financing from Citibank to get us through 2003/4. This is a #$% sandwich for everyone in the airline industry right now.

Until the economy improves we're all along for the ride. This won't last forever and once AA starts involuntary widebody assignments and recalling again, you'll upgrade in a hurry!

TWA Dude said:
Just an observation: Don Carty also has mega-millions tied in to AMR stock. The BOD ordered him to take AMR into Chapter 11 on Monday afternoon. Only a delay in securing DIP financing prevented it from happening -- and then the APA came to an agreement.

TWA Dude,

The AMR BOD is Carty's lapdog. The APA decided to fold and is trying to save face.

Latest resources

Back