APA Proposal Posted

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Song succeed

Song will succeed, if when they are running late, the pilots get out of the cockpit to help clean the cabin in order to cut down time on a quick turn. I know they do a JB and SWA.

Flaps30,

The rates would be Comair rates--not mesa rates. IF Delta wants more than 57 total 70 seaters, which they do, they will have to let us fly them. We will allow them to pay Comair rates probably, and that will allow them to have more. Then the 90 or 100 seaters come into play, and they will probably pay more than the 70 seaters, but in a proportional way---with 20 or more seats etc. How is that going to hurt you guys again, besides the expansion part? If we buy the UAL Asian routes someday, that would add more jobs to mainline, and empty seats on the new 70 or 90 seaters. Hopefully there will be expansion someday and things will move again. I don't think guys would avoid being hired at Delta if they have to start in a 70 or 90 seat RJ. They are a lot better than old DC-9's.

This all comes down to one thing---Delta wants more 70 seaters now, and they wouldn't get them without Dalpa's approval. IF we are going to have more pilots out on the street, we should get them back into cockpits as soon as possible.

Bye Bye-----General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

Re: Song succeed

pilotyip said:
Song will succeed, if when they are running late, the pilots get out of the cockpit to help clean the cabin in order to cut down time on a quick turn. I know they do a JB and SWA.

Yeah, and while they're at it, they can go out and fuel the plane, and then later get out and drive the tug for the push back... heck why stop there, then they can taxi the plane to the main hangar at the end of the day and get out and clean the outside of the plane and dump the lavs.

Is this what you're idea of raising the bar is? It's bad enough with the economy applying pressure to our jobs, next thing you're gonna recommend is a voluntary free work day to boost margins.

where does it stop...

Rather than tell the Delta pilots to get out and clean their planes, you should be asking the SWA and JB pilots to quit lowering the bar.

Re: Song succeed

pilotyip said:

Good point. Even we at ASA help the FA's clean-out the aircraft and fix the seat belts. I wonder if DAL pilots do that?

General Lee said:
Flaps30,

The rates would be Comair rates--not mesa rates. IF Delta wants more than 57 total 70 seaters, which they do, they will have to let us fly them. We will allow them to pay Comair rates probably, and that will allow them to have more. Then the 90 or 100 seaters come into play, and they will probably pay more than the 70 seaters, but in a proportional way---with 20 or more seats etc. How is that going to hurt you guys again, besides the expansion part? If we buy the UAL Asian routes someday, that would add more jobs to mainline, and empty seats on the new 70 or 90 seaters. Hopefully there will be expansion someday and things will move again. I don't think guys would avoid being hired at Delta if they have to start in a 70 or 90 seat RJ. They are a lot better than old DC-9's.

This all comes down to one thing---Delta wants more 70 seaters now, and they wouldn't get them without Dalpa's approval. IF we are going to have more pilots out on the street, we should get them back into cockpits as soon as possible.

Bye Bye-----General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

General, I don't know where you get your happy outlook. While I really don't care what happens at the mainline (as long as you DALPA guy's stay out of our business), I just don't know why you think DAL management gives a rat's a$$ about your pilots. For that matter, why do you think your senior pilots care what happens to the guys on furlough (I know a few that are close to retirement and they don't seem to care).

Why would you even think about concessions after what your management just did? I know we at ASA will not give concessions, we are making a pretty good profit, and expect to share in the good times here. While they last.

I see DAL headed to bankruptcy. The top management has already set themselves up for it. They are set no matter what happens. In bankruptcy they can lower your pay, end your retirement, change your work rules, and get all of the 70, 90, and 100 seat aircraft that Mesa or Chit can stand to fly. And they won't have to give you or me anything in return. Why pay you Comair rates, when they can pay you Mesa rates (oh yea, we will get them too).

No outside hiring until all our Delta brothers/sisters are offered a position at ASA/Comair, start at bottom of list for bidding but keep DOH for pay/benefits. Enjoy the RJ until such time that they can return and don't forget to remember us!:D

Re: Re: Song succeed

V70T5 said:
Rather than tell the Delta pilots to get out and clean their planes, you should be asking the SWA and JB pilots to quit lowering the bar.

I don't believe this. Nowhere in my job duties does it say that we have to help clean the cabin. Some pilots do, some don't. Sometimes you'd like to help out but are just too busy, it happens. Sometimes you just don't feel like it and get busy with something else. What you don't see are people with free time on their hands during a quick turn standing there with their arms folded watching other people work, with the "it's not my job" attitude. If voluntarily pitching in to clean out seatbacks and straighten seat belts, when I have the extra three minutes it takes, is considered lowering the bar, then so be it. I'd much rather lower the bar then arrogantly assume that turning the aircraft is everyone else's responsibility but mine, or assume that such simple quick work is beneath me. It's a matter of attitude, not "lowering the bar".

Yeah, and while they're at it, they can go out and fuel the plane, and then later get out and drive the tug for the push back... heck why stop there, then they can taxi the plane to the main hangar at the end of the day and get out and clean the outside of the plane and dump the lavs.

This is typical hysterical slippery-slope crap. You don't want to get your hands dirty to help turn the aircraft, so you invent rationales like this. Are you trained to fuel a plane, drive a tug, or wash a plane? Do you think the company would be willing to pay your base rate while you do these things when someone else would do them for 10% of that? Do you see how far fetched such hand wringing really is?

Nobody is going to ask you to do any of that. But you do have hands and the ability to toss pillows. You don't have to be trained for it, and you don't have to do it. But it would help and your cabin crew would appreciate it. That's really all there is to it. No doubt you're too good for such plebian work. Way to go, Skygod. If your attitude is typical across the Song workforce, Song doesn't have a chance.

FlyDeltasJets said:
I think his complaint was about more than just seatbelts.

Maybe. But that's the only thing he quoted and commented on, so that's what I have to go on.

Latest resources

Back