• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

APA: No lump sums for retiring American Airlines pilots now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, according to you, they wanted you to start at 35 but NOT fullfil your term because you were going to die at 38? SMART. They should have lowered the age to 30, so you could get in two terms (8 years) before you croaked........ How old were the early Presidents btw? Not 38. Sounds like your factoid is irrelevent.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Don't be so sensitive.

I just found the correlation interesting.

Btw, is "irrelevent" an actual word?

S

Don't be so sensitive.

I just found the correlation interesting.

Btw, is "irrelevent" an actual word?

S

Nevermind.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
22nd Amendment limited presidential term. Passed in '47, ratified in '51.

That's good to know Hugh. Wait, you mean only 2 terms? Wait, that is discrimination, just like making pilots retire at 60, I mean 65....... Maybe a President should be allowed to serve until he is unable anymore via a medical???? Thanks Pratter!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Wow, way to go keeping this thread on track "APA: No lump sums for retiring American Airlines pilots now ". 3 pages of crap from the usual guys that have to have the last word all the time.

Raoul Duke, when my Dad took the lump sum he rolled it into the AA credit Union. I would say if your in that position and get paid out cash the check ASAP. Once its cashed and clears there's nothing American can do about it. Hopefully American will make good on guys that punched out before the offical Bankruptcy fileing.

I found what I was looking for. Seciton 547 of the BK code allows the company to avoid any transfer of interest in the debtor's property:
1. to for for the benefit of a creditor
2. for or on accound of an antecedent debt owed by the debtor before such transfer was made
3. made while the debtor was insolvent
4. made
A. on or within 90 days before the filing of the petition

Anyone have any idea how this applies in the real world -- it had to have come up at US, UA or DL.

Last edited:
There were those on the union board blaming APA for not informing them of the impending filing. APA didn't have a clue (other than a couple reps from a midwestern base that have been through a couple bankruptcies whose warnings they disregarded)

Those who didn't leave when they had the chance range from those who didn't want to leave money on the table to those who believed that 'since nothing bad HAD ever happened in their careers, nothing bad WOULD ever happen'

This generally blindsided even the most cynical and suspicious.

TC

With all due respect......Ray Charles could have seen this coming.

all I know is if there is another increase in the retirement age, I will make it a personal mission to shut-down all the pencil whipping av-docs out there. We all know who they are.

Just saying.

all I know is if there is another increase in the retirement age, I will make it a personal mission to shut-down all the pencil whipping av-docs out there. We all know who they are.

Just saying.

My pencil whipper retired. Can you recommend one in Texas? ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back