• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As long as you can pass the physical, which hopefully means that you
don't have to be carried to the airplane, the flying public deserves
the best ,most experienced pilots.

The older guys have been benefiting from age 60 their entire careers. Thats how they came to be 777 captains and so forth. Now that it was their turn to retire, they got the fence pushed back. Now youre crying age discrimination? Give me a f&$#ing break.

As long as you can pass the physical, which hopefully means that you
don't have to be carried to the airplane, the flying public deserves
the best ,most experienced pilots.

Flight Physicals are a money making joke!!! I have had to babysit two over 60 guys...one proceeded on the departure brief to tell me how he was going to handfly to alt. and that handflying was a lost art....20 mins later..it was pretty quiet after I had to push the controls forward because we were about to blow through assigned alt. at 1500FPM...in Frankfurt airspace. There comes a time to hang it up.

Spoke with a friend today, he retired Nov 1. He is still waiting to hear whether or not he will receive his check. He's in a holding pattern till Jan 2. Happy to not be in his position sweating it out-

In the Constitution it states you have to be at least 35 years old to run for US President. Isn't that age discrimination?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Just to add some perspective, when the Constitution was adopted, the average life span was around 38 years old...

S

In the Constitution it states you have to be at least 35 years old to run for US President. Isn't that age discrimination?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Not if the Constitution says it. Article II.

Also says you have to be a US born citizen.

Just to add some competing perspective: Our fellow RLA workers (actual railroad workers) enjoy full retirement at age 60.

Find somewhere to work as long as you want guys. Just don't do it by trading on someone elses career...

Just to add some perspective, when the Constitution was adopted, the average life span was around 38 years old...

S

So, according to you, they wanted you to start at 35 but NOT fullfil your term because you were going to die at 38? SMART. They should have lowered the age to 30, so you could get in two terms (8 years) before you croaked........ How old were the early Presidents btw? Not 38. Sounds like your factoid is irrelevent.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Can anyone confirm that AA can void any payments in the 90 days prior to the BK filing? I believe it is considered a preference payment or something like that. If I got that money inside the 90 days (assuming they actually cut a check or wired funds) it might be a good idea to get it offshore quickly.

So, according to you, they wanted you to start at 35 but NOT fullfil your term because you were going to die at 38? SMART. They should have lowered the age to 30, so you could get in two terms (8 years) before you croaked........ How old were the early Presidents btw? Not 38. Sounds like your factoid is irrelevent.

Bye Bye---General Lee

22nd Amendment limited presidential term. Passed in '47, ratified in '51.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back