• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

APA agrees to DFW-PEK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why should a union be able to tell an airline what routes they can and can not fly? That seems just silly.. That thing about having to have city pairs for long haul routes in the contract sounds like a joke.

I don't think they were awarded this route yet, were they?

Bye Bye--General Lee

No, we weren't awarded it yet. But we were the only airline that didn't have that particular super long haul as part of our contract, and the press is having a field day exploiting that little caveat.

Even so, it is BS that the union agrees to it for FREE! I guess this is what to expect for the rest of Sec 6.

Glad to see that they held out of longevity for furloughed pilots.

I had a buddy of mine call me last week. He just turned down his DAL recall. They told him that he would lose his medical bennies (we never had them) but he could keep his travel bennies.

Not even a bone for the 2800+ furloughed pilots.
Longevity, most of use on the street at AA already have 8-12 years.

Why would Delta get the route? They'd just have to give it up when CAL buys them... Or USAir. Or... ;) TC

These are the guys that accepted the B-Scale to eternity along with going to their knees with the threat of ch11. Did anyone expect them to hold strong now?

So much negativity!

Need I remind you that AA is one of the few airlines to stay out of Ch. 11? My simple formula works perfectly. Employees take massive pay and benefit cuts, executives reap huge bonuses, and the airline makes moolah. Why is this so hard for some of you to swallow?

Look at the history of AA. When the B-scale was in effect, AA's growth exploded. In more recent history, AA pilots were "visionaries", and took massive pay cuts with all of the resistance of the French Army. Look at the result - AA is now becoming very profitable again.

Look at what happened to UAL and DAL when they were paying those outrageous salaries to their pilots. Bankruptcy. Tsk tsk.

Cobraair75drvr said:
Oh well, they will probably get the China route and then buy NWA and staple my sorry ass behind the TWA guys.. Time to find another career.:bawling:

Hey buddy, cheer up. There is nothing to be crying about. I have seen your NWA pilot contract, and you have a lot to be proud of. Your pilot group, led by my new buddy Duane dropped your drawers faster than you can say Monica Lewinski.

Now, thanks to your generosity, NWA is starting to rake in the dough. Fortunately, most of that dough will be flowing freely into the executive suite.

As a bonus, Doug Steenland can dress NWA up like a whore and sell NWA off to the highest bidder, keeping a generous "commission" for himself.

Happy days are here again!

Latest resources

Back