• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AP: Delta, Air France-KLM to reap $12 billion annually

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can anyone say bye bye to the AMS hub......

You've obviously never been to Schipol. It's a much nicer than CDG. No more parking on hardstands and riding a bus to the terminal.

So if we eliminate AMS, would that mean moving all the intl KLM traffic down to CDG? Not possible, I know.

Sorry, Schipol is one of our strongest assets according to RA and crew. Take a look at the operation in AMS report back and tell us if you really think it's going away.

Last edited:
Sounds good, I hope ALPA has been paying attention and talking with Dutch and the French union people too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well, as I mentioned in my earlier two or three post's that's seems to be the case.

Once again, I guess we will find out within the next few weeks.

bye bye flyburg

I am not saying it would be smart. What I am saying is with KLM being a partner, we might pair that flying down, or dole it out differently.
Remember that we do not fly JFK-CDG. It is all done by AF.

The AF and KLM pilots union's are very strong. I would like being at a table with them, as long as they are on our side.
We may actually gain some protections with all three of us at the table.

You've obviously never been to Schipol. It's a much nicer than CDG. No more parking on hardstands and riding a bus to the terminal.

So if we eliminate AMS, would that mean moving all the intl KLM traffic down to CDG? Not possible, I know.

Sorry, Schipol is one of our strongest assets according to RA and crew. Take a look at the operation in AMS report back and tell us if you really think it's going away.

KLM could grow too. I am not sure we will continue to see us do AMS-BOM. Just a guess, but I can see them doing that and us redeploying that asset somewhere else.
12 Billion a year is a ton of money. That is over 1/4 of our (DAL) stand alone revenue annually.
I have been to Schipol. I would prefer to grow it. I am just not sure we can grow ops out of their with the type of deal this is.
As I said, it is just me thinking outloud.

These joint ventures are great from a financial standpoint, but if not take seriously can really ding the pilots.
Funny thing is that we the DAL pilots are probably the cheap labor in all of this.
Any idea what the AF and KLM pilots make? If Mike O'Learly's guys make 200K a year in the left seat, I immagine that these guys make a ton more.

Well, fortunately, I have great confidence in the respective union negotiation commitee's. I'm fairly optimistic that any deal panned out will benefit each pilot group.

Your figures about Ryan Air are not completely accurate but to give you an idea about pay scales with KLM ( I don't know about AF, they seem to be about the same but more complicated) a widebody captain tops out at 240.000 euro, a widebody FO top's out at about 3/4 of that (180.000). being a 8 year FO on the 73 I make 118.000 and if I stay in that seat it could top out at approx 150.000. A captain on the 73 with my seniortity would make about 160.000. All of this with a DB privately managed pension plan

Hope that helps,

greetings

The AF and KLM pilots union's are very strong. I would like being at a table with them, as long as they are on our side.
We may actually gain some protections with all three of us at the table.

Notice that KLM pilots on the Fokker 50 (turboprop) can bid up to whatever plane they can hold---737, A330 etc. I wish we did that, after a regional staple of course. I don't know much about the AF pilots and their subsidiaries (like Regional Airlines, and Britt Air), and how their hiring goes. KLM has it right though.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well, fortunately, I have great confidence in the respective union negotiation commitee's. I'm fairly optimistic that any deal panned out will benefit each pilot group.

Your figures about Ryan Air are not completely accurate but to give you an idea about pay scales with KLM ( I don't know about AF, they seem to be about the same but more complicated) a widebody captain tops out at 240.000 euro, a widebody FO top's out at about 3/4 of that (180.000). being a 8 year FO on the 73 I make 118.000 and if I stay in that seat it could top out at approx 150.000. A captain on the 73 with my seniortity would make about 160.000. All of this with a DB privately managed pension plan

Hope that helps,

greetings

Needless to say you get a heck of a lot more than our guys too. Out 777 CA might make 200K USD if he is lucky.
As for Ryan. It came from a bud that works there.

Notice that KLM pilots on the Fokker 50 (turboprop) can bid up to whatever plane they can hold---737, A330 etc. I wish we did that, after a regional staple of course. I don't know much about the AF pilots and their subsidiaries (like Regional Airlines, and Britt Air), and how their hiring goes. KLM has it right though.

Bye Bye--General Lee

That they do. Lets hope we can bring our pay to their levels!

Latest resources

Back