AOPA Rips Airlines a New One Over Delays

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who gives a #$^& about GA.

You will when user fees cause a bunch of 91/135 operators to shutter, flooding the market with many highly qualified, experienced pilots...providing just the opposite effect to pilot supply as you might like.

Maybe I am out of line, but do they not realize that alot of the wx delays from ground stops comes from our own F'ing government ......so why blame the airlines!

You guys keep talking about GA, but GA has nothing to do with this debate! It's just a red herring that AOPA uses to fight the user fees debate. All proposals on user fees only apply to corporate aviation, not GA. The doctor putting around the sky in his Mooney will not be affected by user fees. The billionaire flying around in his G-IV will be, just as he should be.

Maybe i was thinking wrong, but when talking of wx delays can they really blame the airlines? The head atc clowns in DC I thought were the one who controlled all of the ground stops and such?

No, really, he's got a point. My biggest weather delays this summer have been from ATC, not my call. I had an hour and a half ground hold last month because ATC was backing everyone up for a "huge" thunderstorm that never actually came within 20 miles of my destination airport.

I can understand their need to "play it safe," but sometimes they need to try a little harder to "work us in."

You guys keep talking about GA, but GA has nothing to do with this debate! It's just a red herring that AOPA uses to fight the user fees debate. All proposals on user fees only apply to corporate aviation, not GA. The doctor putting around the sky in his Mooney will not be affected by user fees. The billionaire flying around in his G-IV will be, just as he should be.

Ah, you mean the business person that refuses to be delayed indefinately/scrotum rubbed by TSA and general treated like crap that is trying to run a business...that guy. The cost of administering a user fee system (remember it's the government) likely will exceed an gain. As the saying goes...once the camel get's it's head in the tent the rest is not far behind. Today it's that big bad business guy that the airlines lost long ago...tomorrow the rich doctor in his Mooney. By the way, the line about the camel was what friends used to warn me about live-in girlfriends...(-_-). Have a great holiday all.

Come on now PCL, you of all people understand "slipperly slope", especially when it comes to our government and new revenue sources.

Besides, BizAv has jack to do with airline delays at hub airports, especially in the NYC area. Scheduling 35 airplanes to depart or land EWR, 20 of which are RJs, at the same time does have something to do with that, however...

Latest resources

Back