• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

AOPA Expo - Tampa

Fly_Chick

Total Time
~1300
I am thinking of attending this year's AOPA Expo in Tampa. Has anyone been to previous Expo's? If so, I would appreciate any recommendations on attending.

For me, it's about a 1-1/2 to 2 hour drive each way, plus $35 cost of admission. I am not cheap, just a flight instructor on a limited budget! Since it is so close, I am thinking this would be a great learning opportunity.

Any one else planning on attending?

Fly_Chick

Total Time
~1300
Student ID from where? College or Univ? I'll have to dig out my old one without the expiration date!

pilotmiketx

Registerd User
Total Time
oodles
A Chick who's not a "Vendor Booth Girl" Aaaaamazing. Still gonna be a swordfight, though.

darien

Total Time
xxx
went and registered after work today I live across the street. Damm wish I would have read the ID discount still have one. I'll be there tomorrow and Saturday. If anyone wants to meet up and chat for lunch email me I know where to go for fun around here if anyone wants any info. darien21@hotmail.com

darien

Total Time
xxx
almost forgot OH...IO....! Drive drive down the field Home of the starlet and gray .....

polysciguy9

Total Time
<40hrs
darien said:
almost forgot OH...IO....! Drive drive down the field Home of the starlet and gray .....

Haha, man I can't remember the last wedding I went to where the bride and groom didn't come out to the Buckeye fight song. I was there for grad school, so most of my allegiances rest with my undergrad school (Texas Tech) but the Ohio State traditions are pretty cool.

yzf6

Total Time
i'm going on saturday, but i didn't know it cost that much to get in. if anyone knows of a secret entrance to the convention center i'll buy you a beer.

sat night check out banana joes or splitsville. open till 3 and usually packed.

darien

Total Time
xxx
the convention center is like fort knox good luck The true learning experience comes from going to the talks pay the extra 15 bucks to go to all the talks

darien

Total Time
xxx
under the bridge by the marriott hehe No actually just over the bridge across the street on Harbour Island

awacs941

Total Time
Came back from it on Friday. $ 10 for students with a student ID. You can't beat that. What did you guys think! BTW I hope everyone went to the Airport to check out the Sweepstakes Commander, CJ3, Premier 1 and other neat planes. My personal favorite was the PC-12!