• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This could get interesting.

30 years ago, it was a place called the
Woodstone Inn, but in the meantime I've
mended my evil ways (LoL) and stopped drinking.
Nowadays if I'm stuck in YIP, all I'm interested
in doing is getting a good breakfast at the Cracker
Barrel, or Dimitri's on Belleville road just south
of I94. Not what you're looking for, no doubt....
I'm sure you'll get other answers. Good luck, and
have a fun-filled weekend:beer:

depot town has a few good bars. its a 10-15 min drive from the airport, also downtown yipsi. i recommened de ja vu in ypsi. no beer but plenty of "entertainment". cant remember any names. usually blind from the alcohol by the time i am asked to leave.

mmmmmm beer

Depot town is cool as was mentioned. Side tracks (in depot town) has good beer and you get the train flying by from time to time too!

http://www.depottown.org/

corner brewery is good too. The brew their own, very tasty. Only snacks and bar food there, not full meals.
http://neotech.net/ABC/index.php?site=cornerbrewery

About 30 min down the road in downtown Ann Arbor their is Grizzley peak brewery and Arbor brewing company. Both with great food and great suds. -kingaira90

The Wedge is the place for a beer; its real name is the Lake view Tavern. Lots of local color, really divvy, cheap beer 12 oz drafts $1.50. PM me if you are in town I will join you.

Depot town is cool as was mentioned. Side tracks (in depot town) has good beer and you get the train flying by from time to time too!

http://www.depottown.org/

corner brewery is good too. The brew their own, very tasty. Only snacks and bar food there, not full meals.
http://neotech.net/ABC/index.php?site=cornerbrewery

About 30 min down the road in downtown Ann Arbor their is Grizzley peak brewery and Arbor brewing company. Both with great food and great suds. -kingaira90

All good places and when the bars close in Depot town, head down to the Voo, they are usually open until 4am which will give you time to sober up while looking at some nice scenery.:)

If your looking for a real nice scum bucket, white trash whole in the wall then go to the Lake Side a.k.a the "Wedge". This is where you will find only the finest YIP aviators exchanging war stories about flying frieght. You might even get the opertunity to meet YIP ledgends such as "Connie Kalitta" or "Pilot YIP."

Oh I forgot. There is a place on the same side of the street as side tracks, a few doors down. A nice place with a good bar and great food. They have an awesome happy hour with giant beers, all domestics are 3 bucks. They count Bells Oberon as a domestic (best beer made in Michigan in my non humble opinion). -kingaira90

"The Wedge", aka Lakeville Tavern does not have $1.50 drafts, that was discontinued about 15 years ago.. If you like honky-tonk bars try 'Diamond-Back's on S-I-95 service drive and belleville road, Thursday nights has .75 drafts.... I got laid my 2nd week in town picking up a drunk chick from that place... It's a lot of fun there...

Honky-tonk: The distinction between honky tonks, saloons, and dancehalls was often blurred, especially in cowtowns, mining districts, military forts, and oilfields of the West. Eventually, as variety theaters and dancehalls disappeared, honky tonk became associated mainly with lower class bars catering to men. Synonymous with beer joint and like terms, honky tonks usually serve beer or hard liquor and may have had a bandstand and dance floor. Many may have furnished only a juke box. In the Southeastern US, honky tonk gradually replaced the term juke joint for bars primarily oriented toward blues and jazz. As Western swing slowly became accepted in Nashville, Southeastern bars playing Western swing and Western swing influenced country music, were also called honky tonks.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back