Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anything in the FAR's that pisses you off?

Tackleberry

I'm trying to put together an argumentitive essay for class, and I'm having a hell of a time trying to come up with a topic. I'd like to keep in aviation related, as thats my back round, but I'll venture into unkown lands.

Any ideas would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks

Tackle "Jarhead" Berry.

This rubs me the wrong way

Certain 121 operations in the State of Alaska are permitted to use 135 flight and duty times by virtue of the simple fact they're conducted in Alaska.

That's a crock. Tired is tired no matter where you fly.

Thank you very much. I'm going to research that and see if I can get ten pages out of it.

Keep giving me ideas.

thanks,
Tacks.

I've got one better. 121 Carriers are allowed to schedule pilots for 8 hour overnights. That's 8 hours from leaving the airport, to arriving back at the airport the next morning. Travelling to and from the airport to the hotel is during your 8 hour "rest" period. If you get 6 hours of sleep you are lucky.

Not having 135 mins to get a job in the 121 business. you have to have 1200tt to fly frieght but only a commercial multi to fly peeps. if you were to add the same mins to 121 flying you would pretty much eliminate the buy your job type schools or the 3month zero to hero schools.

what do you think about them meatballs?

135 drug testing program required for scenic flights...I used to make 210/hr from doing them in a 172, (6 people pay 35 bucks each, .5 on hobbs for the flight), but can't anymore - besides not much to see where I'm at, now that I am 135.

I personally would like to see the "file an alternate airport" of part 91 to "plan an alternate airport". The only people that can see that information is FSS. It doesnt show up on a info strip at Center. Just seems kind of stupid that you have to give a piece of information to someone that no-one but yourself is going to use.

If you go missed and say "I want to go to my alternate" the controller is first going to ask "Okay, where's your alternate?".

IP076 said:
I personally would like to see the "file an alternate airport" of part 91 to "plan an alternate airport". The only people that can see that information is FSS. It doesnt show up on a info strip at Center. Just seems kind of stupid that you have to give a piece of information to someone that no-one but yourself is going to use.

If you go missed and say "I want to go to my alternate" the controller is first going to ask "Okay, where's your alternate?".

The Alternate is used if you lose comm's and can't get into the airport you filled to. That way ATC knows where you're going.

Under normal (comm's working) conditions, If you can't get into you original airport you can go whever you want to. Or keep shooting approaches or hold til the wx gets better.

How about crew rest requirement for domestic vs. international. Domestic has to have certain vunerability periods. International pilots can be held on standby 24 hours a day. Only one of many patently stupid FAA rules.

paulsalem said:
That way ATC knows where you're going.
How does ATC know what you filed for an alternate?

Latest resources

Back